Error Compiling Sterm

canavar

Still Fresh
Website
www.fehmicans.net
Hello,

I tried to compile sterm on windows but I got a linker error that the compiler couldn't find forkpty. Where is that function? Which library should I add to compile sterm?

Thanks

What toolchain are you using?

Note that sterm is not so useful for general development any more - with the latest firmware you can set up networking over the USB cable, and log into your GP2X remotely from your dev PC.

canavar posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
I am using the official sdk for windows. By the way how I can use my PC while I am on the way home? :)

Buy a Laptop :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge it may really be a good solution ;) But I want to use a good terminal on my gp2x and I think that sterm is not mature yet because it is not useful enough, especially the keyboard. It needs a well-designed virtual keyboard.

canavar, firstly I'm not sure that there is an "official" toolchain. I did have the unofficial gcc 2.95-based toolchain but I nuked it recently so I can't check what the headers are like on that. With the toolchain I do use, forkpty is declared in pty.h (/usr/local/open2x/open2x/include/pty.h). It should already be in the include path, so #include <pty.h> would pick it up.

If your toolchain doesn't have it at all then I guess you need to change toolchains. :(

Thanks gfoot, but forkpty is already defined in my pty.h so that there is no compiler error. I get a linker error. How I can change my toolchain? I downloaded mine from the official website of gp2x.

Squidge posted on Sep 4 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
canavar posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
I am using the official sdk for windows. By the way how I can use my PC while I am on the way home? :)

Buy a Laptop :)
why a laptop when a nokia n80 has putty too ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back