Emulating Nes Elite

karmaKid

Still Fresh
Can anyone advise me on the best EMU to run Elite on, I've got the NES version (amongst others), but I can't get the thing to work well.

Any advice on an Emulator and Settings for this?

You need to set the region to PAL for this to work. I also think you need to use the PD ROM version rather than the original version. The PD ROM version claims to be an NTSC hack but actually needs to be run in PAL mode on NES emulators. Use GPfce.

WhizzBang said:
You need to set the region to PAL for this to work. I also think you need to use the PD ROM version rather than the original version. The PD ROM version claims to be an NTSC hack but actually needs to be run in PAL mode on NES emulators. Use GPfce.
Cheers, Whizz, could you check your forum mailbox??

Last edited by a moderator:
xcen said:
maan I NEVER was able to emulate this game properly on PC =(
It is the same on a PC. I spent ages trying out different PC emulators trying to get it to work until I was told about this PAL thing. Allemulators detect the ROM as NTSC and so display it wrongly, but if you manually select PAL mode it should work fine.

The PD ROM version is available from Ian Bells (one of the original authors) website. Click here for a link to the ROM. I do not think I am breaking any rules in linking to this ROM since it is PD but if anyone is unhappy, post below and I will remove the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back