Don't Kill Me Pls - Just Another Elite Port Request

psychotron

Still Fresh
Yes I know this issue was disputed here too many times, but I must do it once again because I don't seen final positive statement about porting Elite - one of the best game in history.

Yes there is Amiga and Atari ST versions but these versions don't fit for portable gaming because of controls... yes and you can point to NES version which is original and playable too...

...but why we can't have decent port of improved Elite games from Gameboy Advance which controls fit to handheld pretty well??

Elite AGB (link)

Elite: TNK (link)

in this cases I wish to be programmer to do things like this and don't beg for them again and again... :huh:

psychotron posted on Feb 19 2007 at 06:53 AM said:
...but why we can't have decent port of improved Elite games from Gameboy Advance which controls fit to handheld pretty well??

Just run them in the GPSP emulator. They work fine for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
DanSolo posted on Feb 19 2007 at 12:31 PM said:
psychotron posted on Feb 19 2007 at 06:53 AM said:

Just run them in the GPSP emulator. They work fine for me!

hmm.. I don't try this but I check it today... but I have still question: why we can't have original port for GP2X when there is source code of this great game :p

psychotron posted on Feb 20 2007 at 07:18 AM said:
why we can't have original port for GP2X when there is source code of this great game :p

We probably could, there just isn't a programmer around who is inclined to do this.

The GBA Elite roms didn't work for me on the GBA emulator, but I shall give it another try. Quirkys Lords Of Midnight worked fine though.

I'd definatley shell out some well deserved cash for a gp2x Elite port, playing Elite 2 in OutcaST is not exactly easy, and for some reason the / key does nothing on Elite in OutcaST :( making docking impossible! Sounds sad, but I've already given about 4 years of my life to Elite and Elite 2, it even ate away my sleeping time at one point! I'd love to give my commute times to it also :)

Back