Emu For Virtual Boy For Wiz?

05C4R

Still Fresh
Here's an idea: emu for the Virtual Boy for the Wiz? Anyone?

Ok, let's get real here... the Virtual Boy is HORRIBLE, it FAILS in pretty much everything it proposed, from being a portable console to making the gamers feel like they are actually inside the game (plus it causes migraines) but some games are kinda good (amongs all of the six that have been made, of course...) specially if you ignore the virtual reality thing (that was awful and the game designers didn't even care to use it propely to begin with, so why bother? Just run the games in a normal screen it would be fine, and save us the migraines)

First of all, is it feasible? Second: is there any dev out there crazy enough to try? ^^'

Mednafen is open source, has Virtual Boy now, and probably the fastest implementation out. But I doubt Wiz is fast enough, especially for a V810 interpreter.

Also, my two cents on Virtual Boy:

Yeah, it was a flawed system in a number of ways, and my eyesight really started going bad right around when I was using it (coincidence? Well, probably ;p) But I still found the depth effects occasionally interesting, at least at first. It was also kind of nice being isolated from the rest of the world. I do think that the platform deserves credit for having a quite decent average game quality, because for as tiny as the game library was only a few of the games were really poor and some of them were rather good. The terrible to decent to great ratios are probably much better than most platforms that were either at least reasonably popular and got buried in shovelware or couldn't attract any worthwhile developing houses to save their lives.

Thanks Exo =)

I agree with you about the VB, in my opinion it could be awesome if they released it as a home console, not a portable one, then with a bigger space to make a better hardware it could have had more than red and black as colors (maybe even textures!). And the games could use more of first person camera like Teleroboxer to make us feel like real virtual reality (maybe some FPS games), or have a better use for both joysticks instead of using only one... anyway

I hope someday some dev out there try to make a port for the Wiz, it would be great to be able to play the Virtual Boy games in the Wiz and to add this console to the emu list, let's just hope one day it happens ^^

Back