Electronia!

just posted this in the wrong forum... how the hell?

Akuma, is there any way in whih the 'new game' could be the awesomely addictive Bejeweled?

And when will it be out, abouts?

mattribute posted on May 5 2004 at 07:45 PM said:
Akuma, is there any way in whih the 'new game' could be the awesomely addictive Bejeweled?
Isn't there a Bejeweled for GP32 .. in the PuzzleMix thing?

I guess I can say that much - the next game isn't Bejeweled. No point in guessing, use your energy to play Electronia and get those high scores up :)
(Akuma promised a new version with a high score table soon and I made the gfx for it already).

Last edited by a moderator:
mattribute posted on May 5 2004 at 09:18 PM said:
and puzzle mix is nothing like bejewled, from what i've played.
I don't have it on my SMC right now, so can't check, but there's four game modes in it afaik (right?), one is like the 'Same game', one is like Bejeweled and one is like Columns. My memory might be failing though.

Yep, check the review of Puzzle Mix on this site.

mine only had one mode, from what i saw. i'll check again

But, still, Akuma is my most exciting developer on the secen, at the moment.

Mah, it's got 4 different games?

Muh.

The bejewled clone is quite average, but decent enough

Puzzle Mix has a Bejeweled style game in it, its called Flip-It. I think that Oankali is making a new version of puzzle mix with better graphics and a game similar to tetris attack now that he is finished making the Font Engine.

great game man! :D it's less thinking and more action than the other two, and I like it ;)

Dear Akuma,

thanks a lot for another great game.

Different High Scores would be fair, yeah.
I only have one suggestion:

Easy mode. I SUCK at this game and
all the games that play similiarly.

Thanks
CeNTauR:2

CeNTauR2 posted on May 5 2004 at 11:07 PM said:
Easy mode. I SUCK at this game and
all the games that play similiarly.
Its no secret that this game is designed to be difficult. You should try Arcade mode, its a bit easier than the rest as long as you dont screw up entirely. I may adjust the difficulty slightly, maybe add a bit more of a time bonus for larger combos, etc... (especially in gambit mode), but not a large degree.

I dont want a game where even the most novice player can pick up and eventually manage to stumble their way to the end. I wanted to create a game where you had to constantly strive to increase your skill, something that may take months of play to perfect, not something you can finish in ten minutes. even me, the developer, I have troubles getting to level 5ish sometimes, thats a GOOD thing. It makes you want to strive to do better. I never really liked when games had "easy" modes, they dont encourage growth.

Here is a hint though, do NOT start out at the bottom. The timer slowly disables the plugs from top to bottom, so you should play accordingly, use those plugs before they are gone!

Just installed it awhile ago. Great game! Friggin' challenging tho! I got up to level 2 before crappig out ...

Akuma, I see your point and you are right. I will just keep practicing.
I accidently made it to level 6 just now. :)

Another suggestion, but for Perfect Fit: how about
adding some kind of "minimum" value. Like the shortest
number of moves it normally takes to finish the level.

This way you could play "against" this score. Hope you understand
what I mean, my English sucks this morning, too. :rolleyes:

Bye
Sebastian

CeNTauR2 posted on May 6 2004 at 01:20 AM said:
Akuma, I see your point and you are right. I will just keep practicing.
I accidently made it to level 6 just now. :)

Another suggestion, but for Perfect Fit: how about
adding some kind of "minimum" value. Like the shortest
number of moves it normally takes to finish the level.

This way you could play "against" this score. Hope you understand
what I mean, my English sucks this morning, too. :rolleyes:

Bye
Sebastian
There are no shortest numbers. I could do each level and record that score, but that doesnt mean you cant do it in half that! The score system is for you to go back and play against old scores to try and better yourself (or have someone else play against your scores). Not for you to try and best my own personal scores!

However! If you simply back up your scd file, and have someone send you theirs, you can compete against their scores.

I've been playing this like crazy :D Excellent game!

I'm not very good atm, can only manage level 3.

If you decide to alter the difficulty settings could you only change it a little as I find its about spot on atm.

Awesome!

My only suggestion: make the cursor movement a little less touchy. I constantly skip over pieces I want to rotate and I'm only tapping the joystick.

Back