Ebuyer

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I'm looking for a cheap priced 128mb SMC (I'm in the US) and I came upon this site. They have good prices, but I have never heard of them. Have you had any past experience with them, and do you recommend them?

If I ever need hardware, their UK site is always my first choice (for both price and service quality). You may be able to find SMC's slightly cheaper though 'cos in the UK there is another site that is a £ or 2 cheaper.

ebuyer is seriously one of the best places I have ever bought from. I used them for a couple of parts for my MP3 BOX, such as my Linksys WAP and the wireless NIC. Look up the typical price for a Linksys 802.11b WAP then lok up the ebuyer pice. It's a decent price difference. The only time it ever sucks is when they have a warehouse direct shipping that uses FedEx.

But it doesn't look like ebuyer has the best prices for SMCs. I would check the prices on pricewatch.com before purchasing. For so many other things it looks like ebuyer is the way to go.

Edit: Some typos.

OKay providing nothing goes wrong.... there customer service is appaling!

They sent me wrong order, took them a month to sort out their mistake, meanwhile my friend had no PC for a month while we waited..

You can't phone or email them, just have to use there shitty enote system, expect at least 4 working days for them to respond to each note they send you.

I was buying quite a bit from them, i now would rather spend a little bit more and buy else where ...

Mind you this is the UK outlet, US one may be ok.

support_UK.gif

Taken from the uk ebuyer contact page :)

skysnapper posted on Apr 7 2004 at 04:48 AM said:
Mind you this is the UK outlet, US one may be ok.
Well, my experiences with them (in the US) was rather good. I would assume Azure would be dealing with the US brach as well. Anyways, my 2 cents on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
woogal posted on Apr 7 2004 at 09:53 AM said:
support_UK.gif

Taken from the uk ebuyer contact page :)
Ever tried ringing it.... <_<

go on try it...

tried everyday at all trimes of the for a week.

No queue system just permanently engaged.....so impossible to get through.. notice you can't contact them via email either...very cunning.

Strange... the prices for 128mb SMC on their US site are much higher than on their UK site. I thought the US was supposed to be the country that had cheap SMCs.

:huh:

I totally agree with skysnapper. The UK operation stinks. They're fine with single orders. Yet when you do multiple orders they screw up badly. I tried to get a 128MB SMC, and the smeggers sent me a Sony Memory Stick. I was out of the country for a while so when I got back I couldnt exchange it (even if it remains unopened).

The best place I've had for sourcing PC components is Aria website. Although if your inthe US, Best Buy, Costco, or even Targét (the chic discount clothes shop) are worth a visit.

lizard808uk posted on Apr 8 2004 at 10:59 AM said:
I totally agree with skysnapper. The UK operation stinks. They're fine with single orders. Yet when you do multiple orders they screw up badly. I tried to get a 128MB SMC, and the smeggers sent me a Sony Memory Stick. I was out of the country for a while so when I got back I couldnt exchange it (even if it remains unopened).
You must have been out the country for a hell of a long time I've sent stuff back nearly a year later.

Must be luck of the draw then, guess we got unlucky, read a few other forums and seen quite a few other people have found the customer support non-existant.

I've found the same as others. Great prices, and if you have no problems then fine. But customer service? PANTS. Its a crap call centre, with no one who knows the least thing about computers.

But prices? Hell yeah! Great!

Best customer service i have had so far is from blankdiskshop.co.uk

cheapest discs i've seen on the net, and sell rewritables drives fairly cheaply too

Bought 10 Datasafe rewirtables, turned out half of them were duff, emailed them to tell them this and i wanted to exchange them for the equivalnet value of verbatims. Told me to send them back....FREE POST!!

Before i had even a chance to get round to sending them, the next morning there was a brand new batch of verbatims to the equivalent value to delivered to me!

Cheap goods and good customer servce! ....I almost dropped my bacon sandwich!

Shame they only stock a little hardware..

No replies from Azure yet so I'll chip in:

I've bought a broadband 4-way splitter, a couple of large hard drives and some other stuff from them, they're extremely fast in delivery and I haven't had a single complaint either. However, I haven't dealt with their customer support.

Back