Release Easy RPG PND for Pandora

@Ghabry : sounds nice (pun intended :p)... I'll try a new build soon.

About the --enable-fmmidi, I should probably avoid that if it's ressources heavy (heavier then fluidsynth?). If I use neither fmmidi and wildmidi, it will continue to use SDL Midi as before?

No idea compared to fluidsynth... I don't recommend fmmidi if there are alternatives. We use it for Wii & 3DS to avoid shipping 20 MB of extra data.

Yes when any of our audio stuff is disabled / not enabled it will fall through to SDL and behave as before.The only feature you will not get then is playback speed changes for this audio type.
Otherwise there is no reason for Midi to use something else, crash & noise was only a WAV & MP3 problem :D

tl;dr: Ignore the optional settings

Oh and forgot to mention:
EasyRPG Player also runs on Nintendo 3DS (as homebrew) now. To achive this we had to optimize our code base. The rendering code runs now 25% faster on average on all systems, resulting in much less framedrops :). I hope this helps the Pandora.

The Old 3DS has a ARM7 268MHz Dual core.

Last edited:
The release is uploaded to the repo (so build without fmmusic or wildmidi).

Build 08
------------

• Updated sources

Enjoy :)

Yay i will try that soon many Thx fpr the Update :-D

Maybe that EasyRPG Project will sometime in the Future integrate MKXP and develop MKXP little more too?

Cool that was a fast update

Maybe that EasyRPG Project will sometime in the Future integrate MKXP and develop MKXP little more too?

Some additional development for mkxp would be nice but we currently have no free human resources and EasyRPG will not finish very soon ;) (though we are really advanced by now)

Tested a few Games and it work wonderfull :D
No Errors because some BGM Sound Formats more.
Nice work and good fixes.
The Gamespeed is around the Same like the Version before.

Good work,thx for the Update :D

Thanks for the head's up @Ghabry , I will work on the port tonight. And the changelog is interesting, faster (sound) and more compatible looks nice!
[doublepost=1474408230,1474381844][/doublepost]The new build is on the repo!

Build 09
------------

• Updated sources

Aaand 0.5.1

https://blog.easyrpg.org/2017/04/easyrpg-player-0-5-1-magic-water/

If you use the normal configure && make procedure (or cmake) everything will just work.
If you have a custom makefile you will need the following defines: -DSUPPORT_AUDIO, -DUSE_SDL and -DHAVE_SDL_MIXER

Disabling SDL Mixer is possible now but theres no direct advantage of it, EasyRPG will prefer the built-in audio libraries anyway.

I was going through my RSS feed reader, which includes the repo feed. I normally don't pay much attention to repo postings there but this one made me laugh on account of the screenshot. I suspect an error message indicating that the program needs to close is probably not the best choice as a preview pic. ;)

-Neelix

Well, that's the default picture you get if you have no data (wich is the case if you just download the PND and launch it).
I'll probably have to search for some game picture, but like for an emulator, it's an engine that can run many games, not just 1...
I'll try to find a better picture some day.

The new build is on the repo.

Build 10
------------

• Updated sources
I downloaded the Build 10 of EasyRPG Player, but, when running a game, it terminates itself from nowhere. The pndrun_easyrpgplayer.out gives the following output:

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/PRINCIPAL/easyrpgplayer.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/PRINCIPAL/pandora/appdata/easyrpgplayer
APPDD_FSTYPE : fuseblk
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/PRINCIPAL/pandora/appdata/easyrpgplayer=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/easyrpgplayer=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer:/mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
/media/PRINCIPAL/RPGMaker/ff_endless_nova/RPG_RT.exe selected.
System check
============
Freememory is 58
Cpu Speed is 1000
Sys Speed is 400
DEFAULT_SOUNDFONT=/mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer/TimGM6mb.sf2:/mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer/FluidR3_GS.sf2
Folder is /media/PRINCIPAL/RPGMaker/ff_endless_nova
FLIPBX=
RTP 2K Folder is
RTP 2K3 Folder is
/mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer/bin/easyrpg-player: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/easyrpgplayer': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

I was using the SZ 1.70 when this ocurred, but even reflashing the Pandora to the SZ 1.76 didn't solve the issue. What am I doing wrong?

There is something wrong here. It tries to load libSDL2-2.0.so.0 were it should search for libSDL2-2.0.so.1
I'll double check the PND.
[doublepost=1493417156,1493415294][/doublepost]I uploaded a repackaged version, adding a simlink. But I still don't understand why it would be needed, as I don't see anything linked to it...

Build 11
------------

• Repackage to try fix some launch issue

Well, that's the default picture you get if you have no data (wich is the case if you just download the PND and launch it).
I'll probably have to search for some game picture, but like for an emulator, it's an engine that can run many games, not just 1...
I'll try to find a better picture some day.

Well, actually since version 0.4 that behaviour changed and the error is a bit less ugly because the built-in GameBrowser will be used to show the error now. ;)

And heres the startup logo: https://github.com/EasyRPG/Player/blob/master/resources/logo.png

Ingame image from our TestGame (but you have to crop the borders ^^): https://github.com/EasyRPG/easyrpg.org/blob/master/content/images/easyrpg-player.png

Or for own screenshots, our TestGame in the browser: https://easyrpg.org/play/

Last edited:
Ok. I have done a couple of new screenshot. The TestGame and the the new "No Game" screen that is not a big red error anymore.
I'm rebuilding with GCC 7.1 then I'll repackage tonight.

Back