Release Easy RPG PND for Pandora

Wow! thanks a lot! "Unterwegs ins Duesterburg" finally works! It's a great german rpg.

Hi. I'm one of the EasyRPG devs.

If you are interested we can provide an automatic build system for the Pandora port, then you can always get up-to-date releases. We already provide this service alredy for (more or less) common platforms like Android, GCW-Zero and Wii as you can see in our download section

But this requires that we get step-to-step instructions how to:

- setup the toolchain

- which commands were used to build liblcf, Player

- how to generate the pnd.

I actually already tried this months ago, but always failed because of segfaulting compilers, outdated (2011) compilers or broken libc includes.

That is nice offer.

Unfortunately, I compile natively on the pandora.

The command were fairly standard. No black magic needed for liblcf or Player.

I will probably try to configure a bit to personalize action buttons if I can, but that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow one of the EasyRPG Developers here??

What for an Honor ;)

Downloaded Yesterday a Bunch of RPGMaker2000/2003 Games and more Testing

come soon ;)

A building Machine is a very nice offer,unfortunaly i have not the Knowledge to help here but a maybe important Question:

Is it possible to build Timidi inside your PND too Ptitseb?

Okay, in that case I can only provide you some patches that we apply for the Windows and Android version that fix problems with the audio playback.

Maybe it makes sense that you backport them until SDL2 releases a new version...

SDL2:

https://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/rev/5da12bedaace - Very important! Without this patch midi files have the wrong speed

SDL_mixer:

https://hg.libsdl.org/SDL_mixer/rev/9599bb0ff844 - Very important! Fixes random crashes when playing audio

https://hg.libsdl.org/SDL_mixer/rev/b9ed366f0154 - Nice to have! Support playback of more wave files

THX for that Patches.

I have tried about 15 Games and only 4 a running.

The others have all the Error:

Could not find Database File!

Have you maybe a hint for solvin that?

Sometimes a Music Format is not supported,maybe the Patches solve that ;)

I suggest that you test the game under Windows or Linux if there is the same problem.

The Player also writes a logfile in the game directory. My guess is that the detected encoding is wrong (RPG Maker is a non-unicode program that means the games use the local codepage of Windows. So we try guessing the correct codepage for translating to unicode.). Maybe you can tell game names and paste the line containing the encoding.

Some games also have hacks that patch stuff in the RPG_RT.exe, this is of course unsupported. Some games also rename the RPG_RT.ldb to something else (and hex edit the name in RPG_RT.exe). If the file is really missing the Player won't work.

Other games change e.g. the header magic from "LcfDataBase" to something else (to prevent opening it in the editor...), we are already ignoring the magic because it broke too many games -.-

Ah interrresting Answer,thx for that ;)

Maybe i can make some Games combatible with Rehexing.

Another interresting Question for EasyRPG:

Some Games dont need the RTP Officially,is there a Way to play some of these Games without RTP on EasyRPG?

When yes can we maybe Package some wonderfull RPGs like the Zelda Game from my Video as PND To play out of the Box without copying that Copyrightet RTPs ;)

Edit: It work without the runtime Package,cooool :D

Hi sorry for the Doublepost but i figured out that you

in this Version even Directorienames with Spaces in it not work.

After a little Renaming Directories here work 9 from 10 Games here and thats Wonderfull ^_^

See here Lufia Iduras Revenge in German on the Openpandora and Ptitsebs EasyRPG Port.

Yehaah i love easyRPG ;)

(and i found out that MP3 Playback dont work on the Pandora with EasyRPG)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/k1orLoMS0MY?feature=oembed

@ingoreis: the space in name iscertainly my launch script, I'll fix taht.

For MP3 and co, I have to integrate the diff to SDL2 & SDL_mixer first, and than it should work better. I'll try to update the port soon.

On the same link as before, you can find an updated PND of Easy RPG Player.

I have updated the sources to latest git, and enabled music using fluidsynth.

Because Fluidsynth is huge ressource hog, I had to hack a few things. So I remove some CPU hungry treatement, and lower sample freq to 22kHz (instead of 44kHz). On my Gigahertz, it seems ok now with Midi sounds..

To be tested....

This new Version work Genious here.

All Music Play fine without extra installing Timidity and all Games i tested worked realy good :D

Hey ptitSeb, any chance of for configurable buttons? Eg though a config file in the appdata?

B as main button drives me mad.

Next i wonder if you could include the RTP, its needed anyway for most random downloads so why not add it as default. 

Not sure if there is a rights problem but there are free recreations of the RTP which can be used. 

Hey ptitSeb, any chance of for configurable buttons? Eg though a config file in the appdata?

B as main button drives me mad.

Next i wonder if you could include the RTP, its needed anyway for most random downloads so why not add it as default. 

Not sure if there is a rights problem but there are free recreations of the RTP which can be used. 
B as main is not good? You would prefer X?

RTP cannot be redistribute, so I cannot embed it.

Back