Pandora Easiest Way For A Vb.net / Blitzmax Dev To Get Into Pandora?

PlopperZ said:

Chaosstorm said:
ive downloaded pygame 1.8 and python 2.6.. but how the heck do you make a game in such a program??.. i dont get any of it.. and yes i have never really programmed any thing ok i know "hello world" but never got really gotten into it with all those things that you need like compilers and i dunno what you need more..

ok maybe i should've made my own tread on this forum :rolleyes:
Get this.

There's also a good eBook online that I've been using called How to Think Like a Computer Scientist. After that you should be OK with getting into Pygame and such.

Yeah, that's a great one for starting Python. I learned the language in about 3 hours with that book. :eek:

I suppose it helped a bit that I already had experience with about 8 different C variants before hand. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Sure, I remember forth, easy learning but can't seem to recall many video games written in it.
You may be old enough to remember a system called 'White Lightning', I had a copy for the Commodore 64 when I was young. It was a version of Forth designed specifically for game development. Forth has sadly slipped into obscurity since then.

I'll shut up about Forth now, I don't want to drag this thread off-topic any more than I already have :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i am also programming in blitzmax at home :)...you should try python+pygame, it is a great programming language (not comparable with c/c++). it is easier to learn and if you do not use numerical calculation python is the best for you. you will see no speed difference in games if you use c/c++ bindings (e.g.pygame, or have a look at panda3d, a great 3d engine for python)...

Back