E- Books

Samalthos

Still Fresh
Website
www.myspace.com
This is to who ever is going to code anykind of E-book reader (Sorry I'm just the idea Man :( )
to make the experience more book like a feature should be included to turn the Pandora side ways and flip pages by closing and opening the lid (I know it may stress and damage the hinge after continued use filling this capacity but it just seemed like a more book like experience although i'm also just as happy pressing L&R to turn pages)

Exarus said:
This is to who ever is going to code anykind of E-book reader (Sorry I'm just the idea Man :( )
to make the experience more book like a feature should be included to turn the Pandora side ways and flip pages by closing and opening the lid (I know it may stress and damage the hinge after continued use filling this capacity but it just seemed like a more book like experience although i'm also just as happy pressing L&R to turn pages)
Why? It's not like you open and close a book to turn the pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
True and never mind what I just said. I keep forgetting that Pandora hs a freaking touch screen. just use your finger to "grab" and flip pages.

a Duh! I feel SMRT

Wait, the pandora screen is meant for fingers? I thought it used a stylus. Of course, I left the site for a while when the Pandora was first getting really big, so I don't know much.

I'd use my fingers for such a simple task instead of having to Pull out stylus and the stow it away again. Then Afterwards I'd buff it. I found myself doing that a lot with my old DSL I was meticulous about keeping the screen scratch and smudge free. so yes it is meant for stylus

PoisonedV said:
Wait, the pandora screen is meant for fingers? I thought it used a stylus. Of course, I left the site for a while when the Pandora was first getting really big, so I don't know much.
The screen is pressure sensitive like the DS, so you can use your finger or a stylus.

crazedover said:
PoisonedV said:
The screen is pressure sensitive like the DS, so you can use your finger or a stylus.

Does it just recognize pressure, or does it recognize the AMOUNT of pressure? The latter I really doubt, but it would be awesome. My wacom is just about bust anyway.

In portrait view with screen on the left hand side, Pandora in right hand, thumb on D-Pad left/right (Up Down in normal use) to turn page and Up/Down (left and right in normal use) to scroll up and down the page if need be simple. The sign of poor design is overcomplicating things in the guise of style

Um. I'd really rather just use the L/R buttons to flip pages, and I'd rather the text took up the whole screen. I don't need my ebook to feel like an actual book, I just need the experience to be comfortable. For me, that means nice and readable fonts first and foremost (no blurriness, nice and sharp letters). Bookmarks, of course. Maybe a nice "automatic scrolling" feature (press UP on d-pad to slow down scrolling, DOWN to speed it up).

And since I'd like to read some Russian books as well, I hope Cyrillic characters will be supported.

That's about it.

The Pandora definitely needs an FBreader port. I think it would be easier to use the trigger buttons to move a page though.

if we do have an ebook...
would the touch screen be able to be like the iphone...
so you are able to slid your finger across the screen?
and it would scroll the image or page?
or is the touchscreen somehow different?

-aznJun

aznJun said:
if we do have an ebook...
would the touch screen be able to be like the iphone...
so you are able to slid your finger across the screen?
and it would scroll the image or page?
or is the touchscreen somehow different?

-aznJun
The touchscreen is very different, but not in that respect - it should be possible (assuming the e-book reader software supports continuous scrolling).
An iPhone has a multitouch screen, whereas the Pandora has an ordinary one like all the other touchscreen devices out there. This means that you can't (for example) zoom by using two fingers the way you can with an iPhone. Anything involving sensing one input at once (one finger) should be no problem, though.

The touchscreen is very different, but not in that respect - it should be possible (assuming the e-book reader software supports continuous scrolling).
An iPhone has a multitouch screen, whereas the Pandora has an ordinary one like all the other touchscreen devices out there. This means that you can't (for example) zoom by using two fingers the way you can with an iPhone. Anything involving sensing one input at once (one finger) should be no problem, though.

alright that wat i was thinking...
so pandora is more similar to the ds...

-aznJun

Back