Dzz Interview

Hooka posted on May 26 2006 at 01:10 AM said:
Hello again guys, I've just finished an interview with DZZ, you can check it out here!
Superlative as always. You asked all the right questions (and unsurprisingly, DZZ had all the right answers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one! Just one suggestion: maybe change the colours for the parts where dzz is speaking or vice versa, as i found it a bit confusing at times.

Hooka posted on May 26 2006 at 07:10 AM said:
Hello again guys, I've just finished an interview with DZZ, you can check it out here!
It was a great read this lunchtime - thanks to both you and dzz for your time!

I second the differentiation of colors between the two parties. Sometimes Dzz has several consecutive speech blocks, and I had to re-check to see who was talking.

Other than that, It is a good interview, well done.

I agree with Dzz's views on homebrew/emulation so much. I don't think emulators should get more attention than original homebrew games. For one, original games help define a console. I don't really care if a really good NES emulator is released for the GP2X. Sure, an NES emulator is nice to have and I would admire the author's effort, but why make 6-page long threads of excitement? Why is the news section FULL of emulator threads? Why is there nearly a 1:3 (57-177) emulator-homebrew ratio for the GP2X while the GP32 had a 1:9 ratio (69:568)? Where are the large, ambitious games like GPFinalWar and simple, fun games like Lacuna? Come on people, let's make some games! Original ones!

Flavor posted on May 26 2006 at 10:05 AM said:
Also at I'm insulted that my game isn't on the http://www.gp2xgamer.com/ Top 10 list!
Haha, take comfort in the fact that nobody else's is either. Once I get through the latest round of reviews I will actually populate that list.

Dzz posted on May 26 2006 at 10:08 AM said:
Flavor posted on May 26 2006 at 10:05 AM said:
Also at I'm insulted that my game isn't on the http://www.gp2xgamer.com/ Top 10 list!
Haha, take comfort in the fact that nobody else's is either. Once I get through the latest round of reviews I will actually populate that list.
@Dzz,
I knew you would, be sure to tell me what you think of BubblesX and Qtopia(I know it isn't a game, but try it please :)).

I loved BubblesX, I haven't been able to try Qtopia.

@Hooka,
Don't wait too long to grill Skeezix a bit :), of course if he hasn't time don't, but I want to hear more news on a Descent Port :).

JaqMs posted on May 26 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
I agree with Dzz's views on homebrew/emulation so much. I don't think emulators should get more attention than original homebrew games. For one, original games help define a console. I don't really care if a really good NES emulator is released for the GP2X. Sure, an NES emulator is nice to have and I would admire the author's effort, but why make 6-page long threads of excitement? Why is the news section FULL of emulator threads? Why is there nearly a 1:3 (57-177) emulator-homebrew ratio for the GP2X while the GP32 had a 1:9 ratio (69:568)? Where are the large, ambitious games like GPFinalWar and simple, fun games like Lacuna? Come on people, let's make some games! Original ones!

Yes original games are great. The reason emus are so popular is for a couple of reasons. First for us old foggies they allow us to re-live memories we had while playing those games in our youth. Second they allow for us to have access to proffessional quality games real fast. I mean how many HB games are as good as Metal Slug, Pulstar, or some of the great Megadrive and SNES RPGs? Probably none. They can't be, as one person doesn't have the time to do what a team of coders and artists can put out. That is probably why.

That said original games are great. I love Vektar as it is something that is unique. It is not just a HB version of a game that has a better emulated game already available. There could be some great remakes too. Just imagine what could be done if the hardware was used to its fullest. Look how awesome thos NeoGeo games look on the GP2X. Almost all of the system's power is used up emulating the old hardware. Now imagine if all of that power was used for graphics and effects instead, it would make the Neo geo look weak.

Back