Dvd To Gp2x In 1 Step

deepmenace

Website
Visit site
hey all, seen some queries about one-step dvd rip to gp2x and i had the good fortune to get a go of this program on a mates pc.

http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-ripper-platinum.html

just set it to 320x240 and off it goes, i only did one encode ( a scrubs episode ) but it worked first time, was pretty fast and works lovely.

if anything the file isnt small enough ( 192mb ) but i'm sure it could be shrunk with tweaking.

the fly in the ointment = $45....

the non-platinum version is $35, dunno what features it misses tho.

I use pocket dvd wizard, really good program, I can convert stuff for both my 2x and pda at the same time, I dont know how much it is now because I bought it a couple of years ago, but I think it was around £15.00 :)

Lupin posted on Sep 24 2006 at 03:20 PM said:
MACs FTW screw windows. Im even going through the pain of learning linux... and trust me it hurts.
Oh yes, linux does hurt to learn, but its useful to know (You do know that Mac runs on a UNIX kernel right?)
Heh, btw You mean Mac. MAC and Mac are two different things :) I'm just being picky, sorry :p
Anyways yeah, Handbrake for Mac is really awsome. I wanted to start using Mac, but the issue with Mac is the same I had with Linux, All the cool apps I use are only on Windows (Some are on Mac too, like photoshop).

Last edited by a moderator:
Koba posted on Sep 25 2006 at 01:33 AM said:
MACs FTW screw windows. Im even going through the pain of learning linux... and trust me it hurts.
Oh yes, linux does hurt to learn, but its useful to know (You do know that Mac runs on a UNIX kernel right?)
Heh, btw You mean Mac. MAC and Mac are two different things :) I'm just being picky, sorry :p
Anyways yeah, Handbrake for Mac is really awsome. I wanted to start using Mac, but the issue with Mac is the same I had with Linux, All the cool apps I use are only on Windows (Some are on Mac too, like photoshop).

Yeah there is an app in the works called Crossover (a commerical version of WINE for Linux) that is in Beta right now for OS X. And, yes I know, MAC is Network and Mac is a computer. But that crossover works for like a lot of stuff. So if you have a particular XP app you cant let go of then try it on CX.

Also, UBUNTU for the win as far as linux distro goes. Ive gotten so much help on IRC with it. Ive gone from knowing jack squat to running Guild Wars and Counter-Strike source (both windows games) in 3 days. My only beef with it is well nothing now. I still stick with XP (Setup 1 PC 1 Mac 1 KVM Switch. PC Runs XP and UBUNTU Mac of course runs 10.4.7) most of the time, but Im hoping to get another PC on my KVM so I can stay in Linux and just use windows when I have to.

Koba posted on Sep 24 2006 at 06:33 PM said:

I ran into similar problems at first, but lately I've found things that do more or less everything I need to do. About the only thing I'm lacking now is PC games, and I was always more of a console guy anyways.

Google SUPER, it encodes just about anything. Its free and I love it

I have a feeling googling "SUPER" would return a million weird links. Could you please give another hint?

ETA: Nevermind -> http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

I've had humungous success with simple dvd decrypter (to turn dvd content into a usable vob). Then pocketdivxencoder to turn it into a lovely, petit, gp2x-perfect divx file. I average 80MB for a typical 22 minute show.

Back