Duke Nukem

andius posted on Aug 25 2003 said:
I think Duke 3d is a much better game than Doom, The older two duke games would be cool too! :)
So, no one is going to port these games just cos you like them more than Doom

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke nukem would probably be to much to handle, but what about the original gta's you know with the look down view? Couldnt those be ported?

You could port heretic to gp32 then duke3d to heretic because it has up/down looking + items like flymode + flying monsters or whatever.

EDIT- I wasnt talking to you Neogenetics, I was talking to Klown and Nerd.

What??? All i said was that duke nukem probably has hardqare requirments that could not be met by the GP32. And then i said that someone should port one of the old Grand Theft Auto games that were really simple and had a weird thrid person view in which you look directly down on your character. I dont understand what your saying: "So your saying it would be stupid if you cant look down? Other than updown looking, I dont see the diff between doom and duke3d. You could port heretic to gp32 then duke3d to heretic because it has up/down looking + items like flymode + flying monsters or whatever"

gta -> true 3d
d3d -> 2.5d

gta -> not open source
d3d -> open source

Neogenetics -> Doesnt have a clue
Swiss Cheeseman -> Is a god

I ran duke nukem perfectly on a 486/66 with 8mb ram. I'm sure it would be able to run on a GP32.

actually GTA = 2d all the other GTA games are 3d.

A gta remake would be simple if u have the time and skills to program.

The sprites are available for all the cars etc but im not sure about the backgrounds.

Still its a great game worth trying :)

:ph34r:

there is currently a working port of D3D for the Dreamcast (unoptimized afaik) so I am sure it is possible to port D3D to the GP32

the sourcecode of D3D and the Build engine is located on http://www.icculus.org and currently they are trying to replace the assembler routines with C code to provide a better portability.

The GP could handle Duke no problem. The little bugger is more like a low end pentium (without FPU of course) than a 486.

GTA, closed source=not going to happen.

Payback (gta clone for Amiga and know GBA)= possably, the guys don't mind coding for small communities, and have already done an ARM version (easy to port, i'll contact 'em post euro launch)

Amiga version:
http://www.amiga-berlin.de/Amiga/shop/Soft...ack/Payback.htm

GBA version:
http://www.apex-designs.net/payback_gba_report8.html

looks quite nice doesn't it? and the vehicles are all 3d texture mapped/gourard shaded etc... A GP version would look more like the Miggy one, due to us having more ram, higher res, faster CPU etc.

Voraussetzungen: 68020, 16 MB RAM, CD-ROM, AGA.
Empfohlen: 68040/25 oder schneller, 16 MB RAM, CD-ROM, Festplatte, AGA oder Grafikkarte.

It's possible i hope :D But it would take a lot of space on the SMC

Voraussetzungen: 68020, 16 MB RAM, CD-ROM, AGA.
Empfohlen: 68040/25 oder schneller, 16 MB RAM, CD-ROM, Festplatte, AGA oder Grafikkarte.

Okay, here's a translation:

Required system: 68020, 16 MB RAM, CD-ROM, AGA
Recommended system: 68040/25 or faster, 16 MB RAM, CD-ROM, Hard Disk, AGA or graphics card

Ich nein spreche deustche.

Translation for this:
I no speak german

I guess he meant "I don't speak german", but he wrote it a bit wrong ;)
"Ich spreche kein Deutsch" would be correct ;)

Back