Dual Audio Movies?

Neil

Still Fresh
This is a bit of a long shot, but I figured I'd ask in case anyone has any tips and tricks: I have some AVI files with dual audio tracks (main audio track + director's commentary). The GP2X movie player plays the first audio track and ignores the second - is there any way I can get it to access the second track? (with full-blown MPlayer on a Unix host I'm able use something like "mplayer -aid 2" to get it to play the second track).

The only way i have found when using a windows pc is via virtual dub. Save out the audio track you wish to use via the "File/Save Wav" menu (Making sure "Direct Stream Copy" is selected in the "Audio" menu). Then select "Direct Stream Copy" in the "Video" menu and "Wave Audio" in the "Audio" menu and select the audio file you saved earlier. Select "Save as Avi" via the "File" menu and give the movie a name then click save.

Not sure how to do this via a unix system. :unsure:

Trooper

on a windows pc you can use Avimux gui available from here and doom9.org

how to remove/alter tracks :

This is the main screen you see on avimuxgui Drag and Drop a video file onto the program and it will show up in the top box (it works with avi/mkv)

730344811cb.th.jpg

Select the file then click "generate data from source files"

590883850vd.th.jpg

all the contents should be listed like this

you can right click the files and swap the 'Default' tags that changes the first track in the file

or deselect them all (they will not be added to the end file and make it smaller in size)

press Start in the bottom right and a prompt will pop up asking where to save.

Sry im not much use for unix, but hopefully somone will find that usefull

Back