Drsms

EvilDragon posted on Oct 13 2005 at 01:31 AM said:
Dryer Lint posted on Oct 12 2005 at 11:49 AM said:
So I've been thinking, maybe once you have GG mode worked in, it might be worthwhile to look into this and possibly create a hybrid GG/SMS mode for GG games? With the right palette, but drawing the stuff outside of the GG screen as well.
I don't know of any emulator that does this, so it might even be some kind of innovation. :)

You're looking for Emukon, an emulator where you can do it since years (formerly eSMS). Just change the screen to SMS in the configuration menu while playing :)

EDIT: Just realized: They removed it with Emukon, so get eSMS instead (same page ;))

Thanks!
Works very well on some games.
Too bad the sprites don't appear outside of the GG screen. :-S
I guess some hacking would have to be done to turn GG ROMs into real widescreen GG/SMS Hybrid Deluxe™ ROMs.

EDIT:

As for the best Bubble Bobble conversion:

The SMS version has the most accurate rendition of the arcade's game mechanics.
But the Atari ST version has nicer GFX and looks more like the arcade. So take your pick. ;-)
BTW, I actually own the original ST version with box and everything. Lovely! :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love DrSMS. This is my childhood right there in my hands :)

What you got planned for future releases Reesy? Just the GG support will make it pretty much perfect anyway.

Yeah GG support wil be great, this will be the only SMS emu on the card after that. Runs so smooth at 90 MHz. I could play all day on a charge with this :)

Reesy's L337N355 is scary good :)

Hi folks,

I have added DrSMS to the compatibility lists, but no games are there yet.

Anyone wanna help me out with a definitive games list for the master System? Any contributions would be welcomed.

You can send a list to clare@berzerk.co.uk. Please title the Email: SMS LIST

TTFN,
Clare. :)

Back