Drmd

cant get quick save to work? might be a bug!

thought id check it cause ive never used it!

playing PhStar4 beta7

:D

I found out something amusing of PS4...

You know the place with the dancegirls? The music they play there, it bugged me to no end. I was sure i had heard it before, recently, and I had not played PS4 before, nor 2 or 3, and PS didn't have it...

Turns out it was from a NES game, called Fantasy Zone, by Sega...
The artist is either Masaharu "Rezon" Iwata, or N. Morota...

Edit: Iwata it was.

Anyone know, who made the music for PS4?

Edit: I had been listening to NSFE's, but it turns out the music is on other format versions, too... SMS and PCE...

Fantasy Zone is a great shoot-em-up, or so I hear. The ship in it is named Opaopa... The music in PS4 is called Pao-Pao. :D

Supposedly Sega Mobile has/will released/release it as a mobile-phone game...

Jarska333 posted on Mar 18 2005 at 07:23 PM said:
I found out something amusing of PS4...

You know the place with the dancegirls? The music they play there, it bugged me to no end. I was sure i had heard it before, recently, and I had not played PS4 before, nor 2 or 3, and PS didn't have it...

Turns out it was from a NES game, called Fantasy Zone, by Sega...
The artist is either Masaharu "Rezon" Iwata, or N. Morota...

Edit: Iwata it was.

Anyone know, who made the music for PS4?

Edit: I had been listening to NSFE's, but it turns out the music is on other format versions, too... SMS and PCE...

Fantasy Zone is a great shoot-em-up, or so I hear. The ship in it is named Opaopa... The music in PS4 is called Pao-Pao. :D

Supposedly Sega Mobile has/will released/release it as a mobile-phone game...

fantasy zone is very cool on the neo geo!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave C - YES I definately notice a frame rate difference between the highest and the lowest sound quality settings, even if I turn the FPS counter off, the games I have tried this with run noticeably smoother.

Reesy - yep Flicky has lost it's background music I noticed this as well.

Jarska333 posted on Mar 18 2005 at 07:23 PM said:

I think the original Japanese name of Fantasy Zone is Opa-Opa as well...

Hey Reesy.

The new version works as it should (savegame-wise). I tried loading my old v1 saves with the latest version you just sent, and they load fine.

I've yet to encounter anything wrong in 2.0..
And the sound isnt crackly anymore! Excellent! :D
The dac gets wierdly disorted when you use lower sound rates..(Not really a problem)
I was playing street fighter 2 and Ken sounded like a chipmunk :lol:

Yeah a couple of people have noticed a problem with the timing at lower sound rates. I think I've found the problem, I'll send out a new version in a bit just for you lot to double check.

From a short testing session:

Good
-The control configuration problem (didn't return to default when switching to a game without special control settings) is fixed.
-Music in Ecco
-DAC seems a little better.

Bugs
-Flicky doesn't even start now. It unzips and shows that beginning emulation thing, and then I just get a blank screen and the GP stops responding (so I just have to turn it off).
-No music in Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention

Very nice release, Reesy. Tomorrow's going to be a great day for the GP32! :D

onionfrog posted on Mar 19 2005 at 05:58 PM said:
I've yet to encounter anything wrong in 2.0..
And the sound isnt crackly anymore! Excellent! :D
The dac gets wierdly disorted when you use lower sound rates..(Not really a problem)
I was playing street fighter 2 and Ken sounded like a chipmunk :lol:

Which vwersio0n of SF2 works good again?

is it turbo?

sPaCe :ph34r:

I haven't tried every game but the ones I have work PERFECT. As a bonus it seems to be running an average of 3FPS *FASTER* than previous versions. I first tried it and found myself going back to the menu to make sure it was set at 144 and not 166, and it was 144 :)

I other than Flicky not working I say this is good to go.

DaveC posted on Mar 19 2005 at 07:20 PM said:
I haven't tried every game but the ones I have work PERFECT. As a bonus it seems to be running an average of 3FPS *FASTER* than previous versions. I first tried it and found myself going back to the menu to make sure it was set at 144 and not 166, and it was 144 :)

I other than Flicky not working I say this is good to go.

Yes I'm not sure why its faster now. Can't remember changing anything that would cause that sort of speed up but hey who cares its faster and that's what matters.

Sonic Games have been perfect for ages ;)

firefly1201 posted on Mar 19 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
Is the Sonic Games' music now full speed? Now THAT would be uber cool :D
Is and has been for sometime....
Played through Sonic and knuckles on Drmd.. It was Excellent! :D

onionfrog posted on Mar 19 2005 at 08:24 PM said:
firefly1201 posted on Mar 19 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
Is the Sonic Games' music now full speed? Now THAT would be uber cool :D
Is and has been for sometime....
Played through Sonic and knuckles on Drmd.. It was Excellent! :D

THAT is uber cool :D

I know why Flicky is not working. I was testing with Cyclone and a made a change to halt when an unsupport instruction was found. I'll remove this and then since everything else seems to be okay I'll release a version to the public :)

Big thanks to the Beta testers, you've done a great job.

Reesy posted on Mar 19 2005 at 08:47 PM said:
I know why Flicky is not working. I was testing with Cyclone and a made a change to halt when an unsupport instruction was found. I'll remove this and then since everything else seems to be okay I'll release a version to the public :)

Big thanks to the Beta testers, you've done a great job.

Big thanks to you, you've done a great emulator :)

Back