Drmd V5 Beta 3

hot hot hot!!! thanks once again for a great release...

Haven't tried it out yet, but my new GP2X can arrive any minute :) BTW: Have you changed the scrolling thing in the menu and the start/pause button issue?

Keep up the good work Reesy!!! Never thought this emu could get better, but Reesy... you've done it again!

Yes they were zipped. If it is just a file list now then that kicks ass, i can switch back from alexkidd2x now!

Great work! It runs perfectly!

But..
Could you make an option for enabling/disabling the 6-Button-Controls? Some games have different layouts for the two controllers, and some times the one for the 3-Button-Controler is much better.

Thanks a lot for your work,
David

Great work! It runs perfectly!

But..
Could you make an option for enabling/disabling the 6-Button-Controls? Some games have different layouts for the two controllers, and some times the one for the 3-Button-Controler is much better.

Thanks a lot for your work,
David

I just selected an unused button 3 times for the 6 button controls. This way you can have more standard controls. Since there are only a couple of fighting games that use 6 buttons it is no big deal to do.

Maybe in the future there could be a way to assign the extra buttons to NULL so if you don't use them they don't require buttons. Then save globally. For the couple of games that need 6 you could just assign those and save for specific game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just selected an unused button 3 times for the 6 button controls. This way you can have more standard controls. Since there are only a couple of fighting games that use 6 buttons it is no big deal to do.

Maybe in the future there could be a way to assign the extra buttons to NULL so if you don't use them they don't require buttons. Then save globally. For the couple of games that need 6 you could just assign those and save for specific game.

I was thinking about games like Comix Zone. The controls change if you have a 6-Button Controler, and somehow I've liked the old ones better, even if they aren't as useful as the others. The assign to NULL or something like this would also be nice..

Oh yeah I didn't even realise I had done that. I just zipped up DrMDv5b3.gpe and the readme.txt and that was it, I never checked that the zip was okay.....oh well 2 for the price of 1. DrMDv5b3.gpe is the one you want.

I notice strange things in Sonic 2, it doesn't like the start button, and the graphics are garbled.
But seeing how popular it is I might have a corrupt rom, but strange that it worked in B2?

I notice strange things in Sonic 2, it doesn't like the start button, and the graphics are garbled.
But seeing how popular it is I might have a corrupt rom, but strange that it worked in B2?

For the start button, have you already remapped the buttons? I had a smiliar problem, but after remapping all the buttons ( using the menu ) at least the thing with the start button worked.

I was thinking about games like Comix Zone. The controls change if you have a 6-Button Controler, and somehow I've liked the old ones better, even if they aren't as useful as the others. The assign to NULL or something like this would also be nice..
Actually, a bigger concern would be that some Genesis games didn't work at all with a 6 button controller, which is why there was a Mode button on the controller's shoulder. That's why 6-button should be something you can turn off on the emulator. Otherwise, DaveC is right, you can just reassign buttons as needed.

Back