Drmd V5 Beta 3

R

Reesy

New release, below are the changes that I can remember.

- Rom browser updated, you can now change directory and setup your default rom directories for
MD, SMS and GG roms.
- 6 button support added
- GG support added
- GG and SMS full screen modes added
- Fixed bug in TV-out, now works perfectly
- Fixed bug in MD rendering that was causing some games to crash that used to work on previous versions
of DrMD.
- Fixed volume control bug

Important
------------
Save states from beta 2 are not compatible with this release, hopefully this will be the last time the save states get broken. I've re-written the save state code which should make things easier in the future if I need to change the save state format again.

This is very much a beta release, I've had very little time to test it out. So if you find a problem, report it here and then I'll try and get it sorted.

Download can be found here.
http://reesy.gp32x.de/DrMDv5b3.zip

Later
Reesy

P.S in case you don't work it out. You can set the default rom directories from the MD,SMS and GG option screens...its near the end. Basically go to the rom selection screen, browse to the directory you want as default. Then goto the MD/SMS/GG options menu and select "Save Current Rom Directory". Ahh if you get stuck let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

any improvement to the rom directory loading? ive given up on drmd up til now, 5+ minutes to scan a few hundred roms makes it almost useless.

(cue "lots of cartridges" comments)

any improvement to the rom directory loading? ive given up on drmd up til now, 5+ minutes to scan a few hundred roms makes it almost useless.

Why don't you have a try...but if you've given up then thats your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in time for my long airplane trip to china. This is the best news ever, I cab now enjoy a full speed version of street fighter 2. Thanks again.

The new rom browser doesn't work like that anymore. It just displays all the files in a directory, and its almost instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Reesy,you ROCK!!! Do you have a site/link to make donations at? Waht are the chances of getting the SNES/NES emu's to run as good as the sega ones?This emulator alone makes the GP2X worth the price of admission!

Thanks for the GREAT work on all your projects,
Chris :lol: java script:emoticon('B)', 'smid_15')
B)

Hey Reesy,I totally spaced the donation link at the top of the main menu screen.Donations on the way.Keep up the great work!

Back