Dreamcast

Your the idiot seeing as how this is the Off topic discussion part of the forum. I can post anything I want here, even questions about cheese. Now about dreamcast, can it read cdrws.

not rewritables, but it can read cdr's. Just download the bootdisk iso and burn it to a cdr. Then just load up the boot disk and wait for the swap screen to show up. Then you can just take out the boot disk and put in the disk you want to run. It should work then.

That stinks. I know it can read cdrs, I burn stuff all the time. I just ran out of cdrs, and I wanted to burn some temporary stuff onto a cdrw for a little bit. I also know how to make self-boot discs, but thats a whole different subject.

Mofokubik posted on May 12 2003 said:
I can post anything I want here, even questions about cheese.
Just for the record, an unmodded dreamcast is also unable to read cheese slices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...mine only reads swiss and cheddar. Maybe their's a mod to read foreign cheeses like brie and feta. :lol:

what a muppet
seen as though its a cdrw disk,
then why dont u burn a game to it pop it in dc and find out.
its not like u carnt use the disk again is it! :eek:

I have heard that you can tweak the laser of the dreamcast to read CD-RWs. It is very possible that this could break it from playing others though. I don't reccommend doing this, but I thought I should just mention it for clarity.

Yes you can alter your DC so it reads CDRW. What this does however is shorten the live (drastically) of your laser unit. Much cheaper to buy some new cdr's.

Back