Double Clicking Title Bars

Eniko

Raving Python fangirl
Website
purplepirates.darksiren.net
Not sure if this is a bug or some odd feature, but when I double click window title bars they vanish. The window becomes aligned to the top left of the screen and shift-click-drag won't move them. Can't figure out how to undo it either short of log out/in or restarting.

It's a bug, unfortunately (as an aside, I notice that on Xubuntu double-clicking title bars currently does nothing at all).

When/if this happens, try entering this in a terminal;

xfwm4

If that doesn't work, try this one;

xfwm4 --replace

I picked these up from some older posts, although this has happened to me infrequently enough (I avoid even touching the title bars if I can :lol: ) that I can't remember at this moment if you do or don't need to preface either of the given commands with a sudo or not (if it doesn't work without it, just try it with it, I guess :p).

Anyway, I hope this helps.

I would add an & to the xfwm4 command so it looks like this in terminal xfwm4 & so it runs the window manager in the background so it doesn't kill the process when closing the terminal window.

its a bug causing the window manager to crash, a really annoying bug too, as im very used to doing that on windows (to maximize).

but as the guys(and girl) said, in the menu theres an item for running an app (like Run dialog in windows) use that and run xfwm4 :)

GizmoTheGreen said:
but as the guys(and girl) said, in the menu theres an item for running an app (like Run dialog in windows) use that and run xfwm4 :)
Does it work from there? I thought it had to be done from a terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
GizmoTheGreen said:
its a bug causing the window manager to crash, a really annoying bug too, as im very used to doing that on windows (to maximize).

+1 much easier, wish I thought of that earlier. Thanks!

GizmoTheGreen said:

I find the keyboard shortcut (Alt-F2) very handy on a full sized computer, but I'm not sure it would be worth the finger contortions on a Pandora.

Well, it's basically fixed from Hotfix 4 on.
It also crashes when you doubleclick - but XFWM4 automatically restarts now when it crashes ;)

EvilDragon said:
It also crashes when you doubleclick - but XFWM4 automatically restarts now when it crashes ;)

It's fixed? Or it still happens but automatically restarts?

EvilDragon said:
That explains why whenever it's happened to me lately, it has only disappeared for a second then reappeared. I was annoyed by that before because it kept happening when I used ctrl+click to drag, so I just stayed away from ctrl+click completely and right clicked on the panel icon->Move instead.

@Pleng: There's your answer too :)

Back