Release Dosbox

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Just a couple of changes.
1. Updated to latest svn
2. Add the DjWillis touchscreen SDL hack

With the hack ive noticed it does work. I had 2 situations that i came across. At a low fixed cycles the cursor was always where i expected. At max the cursor would go up the screen if i was off the screen to the left. But I could "reset" it by pressing at the top left corner.

Get is here for now: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,72,54

Properly working touchscreen control would go a long way into making dosbox more usable for me (can actually play dune 2 maybe!). Thanks for the update.

mindlord said:
Hooray! Dungeon Hack here I come! Kudos Pickle.

In fact that was one thing i tested last night, the intro screen is a little goofy, but past that it worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks Pickle.

Never tried Dosbox before, had a go last night and I'm loving it on the Pandora. :D

Struggled for a while until I realised that all you had to do was select the default setup in the front end and all the mapping of drives was done for you.

PS Am really enjoying dungeon hack too.

Pickle said:
Blue Protoman said:
Can someone tell me how well Stunts runs on this?

I ran it ages ago, but its playable

Personally I'd like to see a video of a cunning stunt. Also, do you happen to have tried "The Red Barron"?

thx for your update pickle!

However, the major show stopper when using nub input with DoxBox seems to persist: mouse button clicks done with the right nub move the mouse cursor randomly around before executing the mouse button click.

Any chance to remedy that?

All the best,

-zapman

zapman said:
However, the major show stopper when using nub input with DoxBox seems to persist: mouse button clicks done with the right nub move the mouse cursor randomly around before executing the mouse button click.

give me an example app, i have not seen this problem in things ive tried.

Pickle said:
zapman said:

All I have running in DoxBox is Master of Orion and Master of Magic. Both show that problem. No other program on my Pandora has that bug, so I assume it's got sth. to do with DosBox. Same thing on my girlfriends Pandora.

I can also describe the effect in detail:
it only has an effect on the up-down movement:

When you travel down with your cursor (left nub down), stop, move right nub to the left (LMB), the cursor jumps up a few pixel.
When you travel up, stop, do LMB the cursor jumps down.

It's always the same, so the cursor jumps in the opposite direction of the last actual movement. After the cursor has jumped, you can do as many LMB on this spot without any problem (jumping). It seems the faster you moved the cursor with the left nub, the further the cursor jumps up/ down when doing the first LMB. Maximum jumping distance is about 1-2 cm, minimum jumping distance just a few pixels.

zapman said:
Pickle said:
zapman said:

All I have running in DoxBox is Master of Orion and Master of Magic. Both show that problem. No other program on my Pandora has that bug, so I assume it's got sth. to do with DosBox. Same thing on my girlfriends Pandora.

ah yeah now i remember, thanks

Pickle said:
ah yeah now i remember, thanks

great! :) I have just updated the error report, have a look at my post above pls.

Pickle,

I have noticed that while the touchscreen works fine in certain games, it still has issues in other, such as Gabriel Knight (one of my all time favorite games)

Also, excellent work! I can't believe how playable much of my dos youth is!

authoreyes said:
Pickle,

I have noticed that while the touchscreen works fine in certain games, it still has issues in other, such as Gabriel Knight (one of my all time favorite games)

Also, excellent work! I can't believe how playable much of my dos youth is!

The first Gabriel Knight you can play in ScummVM.

Edit: OK, maybe I was a little bit too quick on this one. I only remembered, that it is based on the SCI Engine and the Sierra adventures were incooperated into scummvm, but actually it doesn't seem to be supported yet because the engineversion is too high. Sorry

I have the same problem with the mouse cursor moving about when I click. It happens with the touchscreen, nubs or usb mouse.

I installed Dosbox in Stuckie's Ubuntu Jaunty image which I have running from an SD card, and it doesn't have the same problems.

otherguy66 said:
I have the same problem with the mouse cursor moving about when I click. It happens with the touchscreen, nubs or usb mouse.

I installed Dosbox in Stuckie's Ubuntu Jaunty image which I have running from an SD card, and it doesn't have the same problems.

ah, nice to know I am not the only one...

Back