Dosbox System shock 2

I think the correct response would be:

forget it... through I'dd happily be proven wrong

Ya I guess your right but how bout something like elder scrolls 2 or system shock 1 or warcraft

System Shock 1 was pretty awesome, I also wonder how well that would run? Never played version 2.

I want to know how good system shock 2 would run on dosbox.
Given that it was a Windows game and not DOS, it would not run good. Or at all. :p

System Shock 1 does not run very well either. Very very slow. Sorry.

Open Sourcing SS2 would be awesome *sniff*

specially since SS2 engine is the same than thief2... and that would simply represent years of gaming for me with all the FMs...

There was a video of someone playing system shock 1 on their pandora, it was painfully slow

System Shock 1 was pretty awesome, I also wonder how well that would run? Never played version 2.
System Shock 1 is my personal "all-times number 1 game". The biggest and most intense gaming experience I've ever had (I was younger too :p ). Given the fact that I played it in a 486 cpu at 66 Mhz (my first PC), knowing that it can run (even slowly) on the Pandora gives me very good feelings.

Forget about SS2: it's confusing, incoherent, and many times you don't even know where the hell are you (a starship? other starship linked to the first starship? a planet? a kind of biomass on a planet? a kind of biomass on a starship?).

...Offtopic... I've just received my shipping confirmation email... sninnnfff... sorry for the tears... I didn't expected it so soon...

System Shock 3 and Deus Ex are my favorite games of all time. As far as part one goes..... let me put it this way: I even read the System Shock book by Shamus Young (http://www.shamusyoung.com/shocked/ by the way it IS a great book and a great read plus its free) so I hope that SDL port works (from the status messages I gathered that it is functional but without music)

System Shock 3 and Deus Ex are my favorite games of all time.
o_rly.jpg

"All time" in the strict meaning I guess ?

You've been in the future and there was actually a SS3 at some point ? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
o_rly.jpg

"All time" in the strict meaning I guess ?

You've been in the future and there was actually a SS3 at some point ? :rolleyes:

Ooops that was quite a wishful typo I had over there. I meant SS2. I did add custom textures and other mods to it though so it was more like system Shock 2.2

SS3 would be awesome though. Bioshock is a testament to that.

Back