Dosbox Stretch To Fullscreen?

M

MontyQ

Hello After reading on here I found out how to set the dosboxfe to lauch games larger with ticking the aspect box but how do I stretch them to fill in the screen fully?

Thnx for all the help

Open dboxfe.

Click on the "system" tab.

Click on "SDL".

Make sure "full screen" is ticked.

If you mean that you want to stretch them so they're wider than the original aspect ratio... yeah, I'm not sure that's possible.

Esn said:
Open dboxfe.

Click on the "system" tab.

Click on "SDL".

Make sure "full screen" is ticked.

If you mean that you want to stretch them so they're wider than the original aspect ratio... yeah, I'm not sure that's possible.

thnx , but ya it was already ticked I ment to fill out the whole screen or more of it atleast lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, can't help you there.

I'm not sure why anyone would want their games to look blurry, to be honest.

But yeah, DOSBox on the Pandora is pretty unchanged from the PC version.

Esn said:
Yeah, can't help you there.

I'm not sure why anyone would want their games to look blurry, to be honest.

But yeah, DOSBox on the Pandora is pretty unchanged from the PC version.
Well to see the games better lol just like any the emus snes gba full screen works fince and its not like filling out a 52inch plasma tv with it lol

ty tho for trying it out so far I got it to black on left and right but filled to top and bottom alot better then it was at first play :)

as far as I know the dosBox version available is still not "finished", have a look at this thread and this post in perticular.

in short: if you use the "retain aspect ratio" option of dosbox to get the correct aspect ratio in the first place (4:3, no black borders at bottom or top, but black bars at the right and left side) nub input and touch screen don't work any longer.

I'm still hoping Pickle may fix that some day :(

Beeing able to stretch the video out to full screen (16:9) would be a nice add-on indeed. With many games the streched display is no problem at all and give you much better "readability". Nub input and touch screen would have to be adjusted for this option again, of course.

zapman said:
as far as I know the dosBox version available is still not "finished", have a look at this thread and this post in perticular.

in short: if you use the "retain aspect ratio" option of dosbox to get the correct aspect ratio in the first place (4:3, no black borders at bottom or top, but black bars at the right and left side) nub input and touch screen don't work any longer.

I'm still hoping Pickle may fix that some day :(

Beeing able to stretch the video out to full screen (16:9) would be a nice add-on indeed. With many games the streched display is no problem at all and give you much better "readability". Nub input and touch screen would have to be adjusted for this option again, of course.
Ya so far I have been only playing side scrollers on it with just buttons and d-pad so I'd be ok with the no nub touch screen in thoes type of games, but down the road for others I can see where they are needed indeed.

Hello

For stretching DosBox to Fullscreen,try this:

Open your dosbox.conf file (mine is dosbox-SVN.conf) with a text editor,
find and change the following lines:

Code:
#find this lines in the .conf file:
-----------------------------------

fullscreen=false
fullresolution=original
output=surface
aspect=true

#and change it to this:
-----------------------

fullscreen=true
fullresolution=800x480
output=overlay
aspect=false

Worked for me on the Pandora for some Games that don't use 640x480 Resolution.

Greetings. Shao

Shaokahn said:
Hello

Code:

fullscreen=false
fullresolution=original
output=surface
aspect=true

#and change it to this:
-----------------------

fullscreen=true
fullresolution=800x480
output=overlay
aspect=false

Greetings. Shao
Awsome thanks, I shall give it a go :)

Shaokahn said:
Hello

Code:

fullscreen=false
  fullresolution=original
  output=surface
  aspect=true

#and change it to this:
  -----------------------

fullscreen=true
  fullresolution=800x480
  output=overlay
  aspect=false

Greetings. Shao

I tried master of magic streched to fullscreen (fullresolution=800x480, the 16:9 destortion is not a problem with turn based games imo) and it actually worked for the touch input, nice ;)
But the problem with the nub input remains: if you move the cursor up or down and do a left mouse button click, the cursor does a jump.

You shouldn't set fullresolution=640x480 though, you still get black bars all around the video output and nubs dont't work either.

We'll have to wait for a proper fix I'm afraid..

Back