Doom multiplayer

Safety

Still Fresh
are there any plans to create a multiplayer in doom?

Surely it can be done.

Unfortunately it can't be done via the RF module as its far too slow.

There are 2 other options:

A link cable that works through the EXT port, or a link cable via the USB port to the PC, then online play...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Thanks a lot Mate

That would be so amaizing.

Any thoughts on if it might be done?

What speed, out of interest, would the rf-link have to be going at before it became a possibility for 2-way play?

Just wondering...

shotaway posted on Sep 2 2003 said:
ON-LINE WOULD BE SO COOL...
How so? What is the benifit of having to hook your GP32 up to your PC to get online to play doom? Why not just play multiplayer, online doom on the PC? The screen's bigger.

Since there are so few people who actually own a GP32 (i've never met another one in person) it's probably not worth the trouble for programmers to get multiplayer working with most games.

Last edited by a moderator:
@chip

Perhaps you should show your GP32 unit off to people more ie friends, family etc. That would then get the unit more popular in your area. Same with everyone else.

Instead of moaning and being negative. ;)

Just a thought.

Trooper

Also you wouldn't have to wade through thousands of servers all hosting crap games full of rednecks naming themselves IKILLU2K3.....

....If you know what I mean.

We could have GP32xtreme tournaments and all sorts.

Would be great fun.

trooper posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Perhaps you should show your GP32 unit off to people more ie friends, family etc. That would then get the unit more popular in your area. Same with everyone else.

Instead of moaning and being negative. ;)
Alas, my moaning and negativity have driven away all my friends and family. It's just as well, now there's no one to bug me when I'm playing video games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back