What's The Best Doom Wad?

Billy Lee

I've played the original Doom and Doom 2. Both are awesome. I've now downloaded Ultimate Doom. Is that any good and what about Doom 64? Are there any more?

Also, why does Ultimate Doom have the first episode of Doom on it? Does that mean I can delete my shareware Doom from my GP?

Actually, Ultimate Doom has ALL the episodes from the original doom, plus another one, 'Thy Flesh Consumed'. Also, I think that the original Doom wad is still the best B)

Doom Legacy Wads aka DLW has a ton of Doom wads.

The wad will work, as long as it doesn't say anything about requring Boom or Legacy Doom or some other special port. Also, the ones with 3d floors and water or deathmatch only ones wont work.

But even without those, that still leaves alot of compatible wads. Try out the "Best Of" section. The good part about this site is the "certified" wads. The webmaster of that site will correct the problems in wads, some have had missing levels and locked off parts of the map, and he's fixed them.

He's also converted some wads that only work on certain ports of doom to work on Legacy doom which is compatible with regular doom as long as they'res no 3d floors and water. And the descriptions will tell you if there is.

I like Alien Vendetta (direct download) or here (best of page with description, etc.).

EDIT: Some zips there have extra files other than the .wads. The wads are the only thing you should put in.

Back