Does a *.v2m player exist for the pandora?

apersonthinks

I am certain I had a .v2m player at one point.. might have been the version of deadbeef from apps.openpandora.org... or maybe I'm just insane.

V2 Synthesizer Audio File

Audio file used by 64k and 96k demos developed by Farbrausch including fr-08: .the .product and .kkrieger; created with the V2 synthesizer system which encodes the audio as a series of instructions that are played by a synthesizer, similarly to the .MOD, .XM, and .S3M formats.

V2M files can be played by Winamp with the Farbrausch v2m plugin.

atm don't have any v2ms to test almost 100% sure vlc will not play. wonder about lmms or sunvox could open them

Well, xmms has tons of plugins, but not all can be compiled for ARM.

Same for audacious.

If it is used in demos I think it is pure x86 assembly.

So unlikely to play on arm at all...

Geeez, this is obscure.  Maybe search for a conversion program from ".v2" files to mp3 or ogg...(on the internet)...or something more mainstream...ha ha... Either way, keep us updated -  I understand that you might be apprehensive about signal loss and such, but I have to say that this is a new one to me.  Maybe my ears are just dulled enough to not notice the noise to signal ratio....although I haven' heard of a .v2m file, so maybe I'm worrying about nothing...   :lol:   Good luck, apersonthinks!  I've been reading you posts for a while, so I'd be surprised if you suddenly went crazy - you must know what you're talking about...

---

Deadbeef....Ohhhh, maybe that is something. He's back and has a decent (seemingly) Dos Program...maybe you should PM/ask HIM about that file format.

---

I seem to remember that he might have been "monitoring" people's internet feeds with his proprietary software...that's where I got off of that bandwagon. He's a really smart guy though.

Merged triple post - Binky

Last edited by a moderator:
Still didn't find the Edit button, Franko? ;)

You should be able to render any inputfile to a wav in WinAmp.

Hi,read i right?
There is a Dos Player for this Format?
When its X86 Coded can you maybe use Qemu.
Is there a Windows95 player for it?
Dance Ejay work,maybe this Plugin Version work with an older Version from Winamp?
Unfortunaly i found no way to activate ReactOS Sound in Qemu.

Back