Do People Outside The Us Say Bm?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:00 PM said:
As an interesting fact, do you know the Welsh are the original Britons?
The current reckoning is that almost of the English and most Brits are descended almost directly from Germans, after some Germanic tribes came along and repopulated the South (like most wise people, they decided not to go as far North as Scotland ;) ).
It was on the Beeb a while back, if anyone cares to go looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 03:00 PM said:
michaeljustman posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:56 AM said:
Forgive my ignorance, but are they not like the states we have in the US? I say that I live in Texas, but you all know that that means I live in the US.
Nope, individual states would be equivalent to our Counties. i.e. I live in county called Ceredigion, and that's in Wales which is a country.

As an interesting fact, do you know the Welsh are the original Britons?

You see, in the US, states are divided up into counties (I'm from Klickitat County in Washington State.), so when you divide a country up into counties, it confuses me. :D

Why couldn't you just call them providences like the Canadians?

michaeljustman posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:05 PM said:
Why couldn't you just call them providences like the Canadians?
Aren't the provinces more like your states than counties? A county in the UK is much smaller.
We also have districts and parishes within counties :)

There's literally twice as many people in the UK than Canada, and the USA has less than five times as many people than us, which goes to show how densely populated the UK is. Therefore, we need to break land down into smaller chunks!

Also, if we divide Britain into small chunks, whenever we don't want a bit any more, we just fire that bit over the channel and put a lake there, leaving the surrounding area untouched and everyone none the wiser.

We have Districts, Parishes and Boroughs if I'm not mistaken.

ste_167 posted on Jul 26 2006 at 01:14 PM said:
We've even got roads
If you can call them roads, more like a long lump of tar with other lumpy bits of tar where people keep digging things up. I'm sure where I live is a training ground for road workers. They laid a nice new road surface outside our university. What happened after it was finished, British Telecom dug a trench and filled it in, the the Gas board dug up a few more holes and then the electricity board dug another trench. It's just as bad now as before they started :D.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 10:56 AM said:
Javacat posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:42 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 06:54 AM said:
Oh to turn the tables, why do people in the U.S. think that England covers the whole of GB? Britain has more than one country in it, and I'm in Wales not England :p
All your Wales are belong to us!
No that's Whales you're on about, and they live in the sea, not in the UK :p.

Excuse me but we seem to be going off topic here...can we atleast stay on topic as BM is a very interesting subject, but who am I to say so....:)

And can we move this to LOL files, as I am cracking up at reading this and this brightened my entire morning. Thankyou.

DSR

dsraa posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:30 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 10:56 AM said:
Javacat posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:42 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 06:54 AM said:
Oh to turn the tables, why do people in the U.S. think that England covers the whole of GB? Britain has more than one country in it, and I'm in Wales not England :p
All your Wales are belong to us!
No that's Whales you're on about, and they live in the sea, not in the UK :p.

Excuse me but we seem to be going off topic here...can we atleast stay on topic as BM is a very interesting subject, but who am I to say so....:)

And can we move this to LOL files, as I am cracking up at reading this and this brightened my entire morning. Thankyou.

DSR
But I still don't know what BM is.........

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 01:33 PM said:

And u never will....heheheheeeh!

Seriously, if you didn't gleam this information from earlier in the thread.....than its better that u don't know..

DSR

dsraa posted on Jul 26 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 01:33 PM said:

And u never will....heheheheeeh!

Seriously, if you didn't gleam this information from earlier in the thread.....than its better that u don't know..

DSR
O'kay, from that I can guess it's a bit rude. Probably best I didn't know :unsure: .

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:28 PM said:
O'kay, from that I can guess it's a bit rude. Probably best I didn't know :unsure: .

Well I don't know if its rude, but its not a polite thing to say infront of or *to* a woman. So yea...I guess its better you didn't know....its raunchy talk...hehe.

DSR

dsraa posted on Jul 26 2006 at 06:53 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:28 PM said:

Well I don't know if its rude, but its not a polite thing to say infront of or *to* a woman. So yea...I guess its better you didn't know....its raunchy talk...hehe.

DSR

It's not raunchy. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

I'd say that it's the best way to refer to it in a professional setting, although, I've actually worked in a job that required us to refer to BMs frequently.

I've heard women use this term. In fact, I'd imagine that I've heard them use it more than men, because the propensity for women to work in a job field where they might need to refer to it to other people with out wanting to offend someone.

Javacat posted on Jul 26 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
It's nothing rude. It just means you need a shit. :rolleyes:
Ewww, okay, I definately do not want to know what it is..... :eek:

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 26 2006 at 07:34 PM said:
Javacat posted on Jul 26 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
It's nothing rude. It just means you need a shit. :rolleyes:
Ewww, okay, I definately do not want to know what it is..... :eek:

It stands for bowel movement. AFAIK, It's not particularily rude.

Back