Dl.openhandhelds.org Rejects My Email Address

kool65

Still Fresh
Website
linux.kewley.name
Hi,

I tried to register at dl.openhandhelds.org to upload a file and found that I could not register a ".name" email address!

Also I could not find any obvious feedback links, so hence posting here, hopefully someone knows how to contact them or they read this.

In the meantime I registered an alternate email .com but I cannot use that long term.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

kool65 said:
Hi,

I tried to register at dl.openhandhelds.org to upload a file and found that I could not register a ".name" email address!

Also I could not find any obvious feedback links, so hence posting here, hopefully someone knows how to contact them or they read this.

In the meantime I registered an alternate email .com but I cannot use that long term.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Ah, when the archive had been created, there didn't exist any .name tlds, so it probably rejects it as it thinks it's a non-valid eMail address.
I'll take a look into it later tonight (hopefully).

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Ah, when the archive had been created, there didn't exist any .name tlds, so it probably rejects it as it thinks it's a non-valid eMail address.

Thanks for looking into it. I have now also found that this forum also has issues with ".name", even though I can register the address, I cannot validate it as it truncated the email address when it sends the validation.

Last edited by a moderator:
kool65 said:
EvilDragon said:

Thanks for looking into it. I have now also found that this forum also has issues with ".name", even though I can register the address, I cannot validate it as it truncated the email address when it sends the validation.

I might've fixed it or the archive, please try again.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
tsk, ED. The w3c has an official email expression that everyone can (and should) use to match email addresses. I expect an incorrectly reinvented wheel from Sony, but not from you! :p

WizardStan said:
EvilDragon said:
tsk, ED. The w3c has an official email expression that everyone can (and should) use to match email addresses. I expect an incorrectly reinvented wheel from Sony, but not from you! :p
That link seems to be broken - however, here's a Perl regex that apparently does the same thing (I've seen this cited as the canonical regex for validating e-mail). Fairly terrifying, but apparently it's what you're supposed to use. :p

Back