GP2X Display Type And Datasheet

Daniel_CH

Still Fresh
Hello,

I just started to work on the GP2X and want to convert it ito some kind of independent video display unit.

The platform is great, the display not so much...

therfore I want to see if one can connect the SHARP Sony PSP Display (LQ043T3DX02) to it, but I don't know the pinout of the 320x200 display used on the GP2X.

Does anyone know what type it is? Supplier, datasheets?

any help is very appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

kevcal said:
Hadn't realised...
Heh - what a shame it's not connected via an internal uart..
Most touch panels are not uart, but SPI or Analog, and the mmsp2 has both along with a dedicated TPC (Touch Panel Controller).

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
kevcal said:
Hadn't realised...Heh - what a shame it's not connected via an internal uart..
Most touch panels are not uart, but SPI or Analog, and the mmsp2 has both along with a dedicated TPC (Touch Panel Controller).Ones I've played with at work are serial-based.. thing is in my industry we have problems with both resistive and capacitive so can't use them in my displays' software )
I 'do' embedded stuff (and virtually always have done - although my work has all got a bit strange the last 5 years), as I believe you do..

Still, I guess it's not connected anyway...? Anyone know for sure?
It would be so amazing to find out there was a way to utilise it :)

kevcal said:
Ones I've played with at work are serial-based.. thing is in my industry we have problems with both resistive and capacitive so can't use them in my displays' software )
I 'do' embedded stuff (and virtually always have done - although my work has all got a bit strange the last 5 years), as I believe you do..
Do you have experience to get a touch foil (resitive?) connected onto some microcontroller?

StarG said:
Do you have experience to get a touch foil (resitive?) connected onto some microcontroller?

No 'fraid not - I 'just write software' nowadays...
The implication is that the hardrware is already all there, surprised no-one's 'done a mod'...

As far as i understood it its a question wheter the touch-pins from the cpu module are really connected on the pcb. If they "forgot" to do i don't think its possible to do afterwards.

Btw i think i remember that ED said a word that they used the non-touchscreen LCD screen-type of that panel class in the GP2X but the touchscreen version would fit at least.

Hmm... yeah, as far as I remember, the lines are all connected, but the display is the one without touchscreen. But there does exist a touchscreen version of it which should work.
(I remember GPH once said they connected it and it does work, but it might also be that GPH were confused what they were doing).

I know for sure the MK1 display was a non-touchscreen one and there exists a touchscreen-model of it, and looking at the MK2 display, it doesn't look like there's a touchscreen built-in,

EvilDragon said:
..it doesn't look like there's a touchscreen built-in..

That _is_ a shame :( - guess you'd know better than anyone, you've fixed a lot I hear :)
Any ideas where they were connected to - is there an SPI interface?

Back