Did President Barack Obama go a little too far?

Did President Barack Obama go a little too far?

• Total voters

Before I vote what do you mean by too far? Did he go too far by not telling Pakistan that we were going in... No. Did he use the pro-noun "I" too much in his speach about how after 10 years and 2 administrations OUR MILITARY killed Bin Laden through information found water-boarding a suspected terrorist... My opinion is yes.

There is no such thing as going too far when it comes to the POTUS having a sense of humour.

When I saw this I thought, now here's a true American hero-- a guy who could walk straight out of the White House and on to Comedy Central.

I'm voting for him again, if only for the fact that the United States has a prognosis of about 5 years on my watch, and we might as well go down laughing.

Before I vote what do you mean by too far? Did he go too far by not telling Pakistan that we were going in... No. Did he use the pro-noun "I" too much in his speach about how after 10 years and 2 administrations OUR MILITARY killed Bin Laden through information found water-boarding a suspected terrorist... My opinion is yes.

Wow, I didn't know that much went into these dinners.

You're joking about the waterboarding thing, right? 'Cause that never did anything. Other than torture people, I mean.

There is no such thing as going too far when it comes to the POTUS having a sense of humour.

When I saw this I thought, now here's a true American hero-- a guy who could walk straight out of the White House and on to Comedy Central.

I'm voting for him again, if only for the fact that the United States has a prognosis of about 5 years on my watch, and we might as well go down laughing.

Your prognosis is about right and as Obama is a joke, I guess I can laugh along.

...the United States has a prognosis of about 5 years on my watch, and we might as well go down laughing.

Wait, WHAT!?

Just a bit of tongue-in-cheek cynicism. I do believe the United States has "passed its peak," if you will; that a new government (or governments plural) is imminent. There are lots of ways it could happen, but I tend to think a "bloodless civil war" is most likely. States will split from the federal government as it ceases to exist slowly. We may maintain military alliances with each other to fend off attacks, but to paraphrase Nietzsche (whose writings I detest, but I digress): the empire is dead, and we have killed it.

Surely you have taken history courses; you know that cultures rise and fall--nothing is forever. In time the human race shall fall, too. I know a wise Harley-riding man whose mind was expanded by moderate experiments with many mind-altering substances; a remnant of the "hippie" age. He once told me, during an existential crisis of mine: "Life is a wild ride, nothing is certain. Find someone to love and hold on tight.". It is wonderful advice and, should you be disturbed by this revelation, I suggest you take it to heart. :)

Oh, I thought you meant actual collapse. Like Cold War territory. Sure, I could deal with a change in government, so long as I'm alive!

Also;

"Life is a wild ride, nothing is certain. Find someone to love and hold on tight.". It is wonderful advice and, should you be disturbed by this revelation, I suggest you take it to heart. :)
I'm working on that. ;)

Oh, I thought you meant actual collapse. Like Cold War territory. Sure, I could deal with a change in government, so long as I'm alive!
Well, it could happen that way too. Oh, sorry, I'm not helping, am I? :p

"Life is a wild ride, nothing is certain. Find someone to love and hold on tight.". It is wonderful advice and, should you be disturbed by this revelation, I suggest you take it to heart. :)

I'm working on that. ;)
:eek: Is there a Blue Protowoman in the works? :D

... or a Pink Protoman maybe....? XD

I'm pretty sure at those dinners the president is supposed to make fun of himself, rather than his political enemies. But I suppose president Obama is "above" all of that.

Back