GP32 Devkitadv under Linux

tnt

Still Fresh
Well it works under windows for me but it won't work under Linux.
Here what I did:
I downloaded the devkitadv precompiled for Linux from the SF.net site
than I downloaded devkitadv-gp32-v002b.rar and unpacked it so that everything should be at the right place. Than I fixed the gp32.mk to work correctly... But ld just gives me those errors:

[david@tnt ogg132]$ make -f Makefile.linux
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/arm-agb-elf-c++ -Wl,-T /home/david/gp32/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/lib/lnkscript -o ogg132.elf ogg132.o oggfile.o oggmain.o /home/david/gp32/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/lib/gpsdk/gpstart/gpstart.o -lgpsdk -lgpgraphic -lgpmem -lgpos -lgpstdlib -lgpstdio -lgpsound -lgpfont -lgpg_ex01
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section `.init'
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section `.fini'
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section `.jcr'
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: address 0xe30 of ogg132.elf section .bss is not within region ram
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/crtbegin.o(.fini+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/crtbegin.o(.init+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
/home/david/gp32/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/crtend.o(.init+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ogg132.elf] Fehler 1

Btw: The same works with windows devkitadv...
Somebody knows what to do? I am really stuck there...

It seems like the Linux Version of devkitadv uses a newer version of gcc/ld. The patch (which was supposed to be for Windows) places some files (crt*.o) in the wrong directory and has a lnkscript which doesn't work anymore.

Try this patch under Linux:
devkitadv-gp32-patch.tar.bz2

In conjunction with this version of devkitadv:
devkitadv.tar.bz2

gcc is still complaining about include directories, though...

Hope this helps!

/chris

Back