Despite Batt. Life, How Does The Vid Player Work?

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
Is the vid player working like they say it should?

particular emphasis on:

subtitle reading/synching

tv-out

resizing for tv-out and forviewing on-screen

thx

oops, forgot tv-out cables aren't shipped yet..

edit: still, how is the vid player?

It's clearly a very early version, so I've held off on making a long term judgement. I think it's unusable at the moment, but I'm sure it will become good.

have you tried subtitle recognition?

hope i don't open a brand new wound, but what about it is unuseable?

I watched family guy over breakfast this morning, the video playback and audio are great, the video quality is brilliant as is the sound however every 10 minuites the player did freeze.

It's not a wound. As we should all know by now, the device was forced out too early, so hasn't had the software work it needs yet. As such, I think it's pointless to review it. It's current abilities are no representation of what it will be capable of doing fairly soon.

I'm not the right person to answer for this since I've tried only three clips (Microsoft MPEG-4 v3 (ffmpeg) and xvid something), but I wouldn't say it is unusable. All those videos are working just fine, no sync problems or what so ever. I have not tried subtitles though.

EDIT : and by "just fine" I mean ofcourse that I have experienced some random crashes - not everytime though ^__^;

It's not a wound. As we should all know by now, the device was forced out too early, so hasn't had the software work it needs yet. As such, I think it's pointless to review it. It's current abilities are no representation of what it will be capable of doing fairly soon.

okay then, if it is not a wound, why not disclose the problems you have encountered? i'm not threatening to cancel my pre-order, just getting an overall feeling of what i can expect. i agree with you completely regarding what's out now vs. what it's capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back