Decent bluetooth controller recommendations.

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
Hi Can someone recommend a half decent bluetooth pad/controller. I want something to use for PSX and GC emulation on the PC so it'll need decent analogue sticks or nubs. If I had a smart phone, I'd get an icontrolpad but alas I can't stand smart phones. I think it's an age thing ;)

Thanks in advance

ToaD

It requires a bit of a hack to get working though, using motioninjoy.
What does that driver code signing certification per year mean? If the driver publisher doesn't pay anymore your driver got kicked out of the valid driver list and doesn't work any longer? If it's so, a company could de-activate any driver depending hardware by simply not signing it again?

iControlPad will work with your PC, but if you're not going to use it out-and-about you're better off with a larger controller.

Why not use a Gamecube controller for Gamecube emulation, and a PS3 controller for PSX emulation?

http://www.infiniteneslives.com/products.php

This guy sells modded N64 controllers and modded Gamecube controllers- they both have USB connectors. Can't get better than the real thing!

The N64 controllers there are used and modded to USB only and have a possible deadzone of 1/8" (3,2mm) - in my opinion that's far too much. If you want to get your hands on one of those, check out the thumbstick upgrade too.

By the way, does anyone has pictures of one of those upgrade thumbsticks showing it disassambled? I would like to know if they are made with the same plastic design generating grey dust over the time. Or do they have metal parts inside?

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry about the late thanks but some RL crap came up that I've had to deal with.

I'll probably go Moz's route of PS3 controller and motioninjoy as a] it's cheap and b] I quite like the PS3 controller.

Wasn't there some kind of PS3 controller software for the Pandora at some point? I'll have to scour the repo and or EDs site.

Last edited by a moderator:
But don't ignore the fact that the iControlpad is pretty good for PC gaming too ..

But don't ignore the fact that the iControlpad is pretty good for PC gaming too ..
^This

I barely use it on my phone, but love it on my PC or Pandora(TV out) for games on the big screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use both of my iCP's with my iPad .. its a bloody nice setup, I have to admit.

Back