Dark Light Battles Sdl2x

deps said:
Hello,

It's releasing time! The game is done.
Grab it from the archive: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,29,2457

Please report any bugs. I'm currently not aware of any. :p

Have fun. :)

Edit:
Might add that the binaries is in the "built" folder. :p

And a BIG thank you for the help I received while porting it to SDL and GP2X! :)

Looking forward to trying it when i get home. Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little game. :)

I just find it to rely too much on "chance". :rolleyes:

From what I can tell, there isn't any hit points, right? So the determining factor in killing a unit is the attack of the attacker & defence of the defender. The bigger the difference of the attack to defence, the higher the chance of killing the enemy, right? I just want to comment that I had a soldier that was attacked multiple times by enemy soldiers & a knight, but didn't die. Well, it's not really an issue. :p

I think I didn't encounter any bugs, but I just want to point out that the Movement points in the stats when the unit has finished acting would become -1. Is it correct? Shouldn't it be 0 or even unaltered at all?

I find it troublesome to move around since you have to repeatedly press the D-pad to move one square at a time; you can't hold down a direction to keep on moving until you let go. :(

The AI opponent is easy to beat. :p

Just finished a first battle, it's very nice.

No bugs encountered so far.

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad people enjoy it. :D
Good to hear that no evil bugs have surfaced yet.

Yes, movements should probably be displayed as 0 instead of -1. This is a "bug" left from the original source.
I will most likely not change how the attack and defense work. At least not at the moment. I didn't code the game, I just ported it to SDL and GP2X and didn't want to change it too much. But I know it can be a bit frustrating that 2 knights and 3 archers sometimes is unable to kill one single soldier. ;)

I might try to make the d-pad move the cursor repeatedly if held down. Not sure how to do it, since there's no function in SDL to make the joystick button autorepeat. Should be able to fake one using SDL_GetTicks and resetting the d-pad buttons if held down too long.

deps said:
Thanks for the replies! I'm glad people enjoy it. :D
Good to hear that no evil bugs have surfaced yet.

Yes, movements should probably be displayed as 0 instead of -1. This is a "bug" left from the original source.
I will most likely not change how the attack and defense work. At least not at the moment. I didn't code the game, I just ported it to SDL and GP2X and didn't want to change it too much. But I know it can be a bit frustrating that 2 knights and 3 archers sometimes is unable to kill one single soldier. ;)

I might try to make the d-pad move the cursor repeatedly if held down. Not sure how to do it, since there's no function in SDL to make the joystick button autorepeat. Should be able to fake one using SDL_GetTicks and resetting the d-pad buttons if held down too long.
Detach the interface by using a global flag that's set true when button down, clear to false when you get the button released event. In your main loop perform the action according to the stick/button states flag rather than just calling a function when you get a button down event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back