Cutting Movies, how ???

Sonic-NKT

Hi, i converted a twinpeaks episode to the right format but its still to big for my 64 MB card :(
So i need to cut it into 2 pieces, but how. Can i do this with virtual Dub or do i need another Program, would be nice if there is a free one :)

THANKS

BYE

YOu can do this with virtualdub. Just use the transport bar to mark the beginning and end of the section you want to save as another avi (use 'home' and 'end' keys to mark this i think), and selet 'direct stream copy' on both 'audio' and 'video' menus. Then just select 'save as AVI' on the file menu and voila, you've got a new file that only contains the selected bit.....

Hope that helps

Hi Axeman, Don`t want to steal your thunder :rolleyes: .

Anyway, You can save your file/video in segments in virtual dub.

Process your file as normal in virtual dub (for the GP32, MoviePark etc).

Then go to the file menu and select "Save segmented AVI", Sixth item down in that menu, Give the file a name.

Then in the section at the bottom of that dialogue, Type in the maximum size you want the segments of your file to be.

Leave the other two options above unticked, Then click save.

Hope this helps. :)

Trooper

THanks Axeman and trooper, it works...
And i must say its awesome running it on GPDivx.. its totally smooth!
Is moviepark really better, Ok it has sound, but it runs only a 10 fps.

another thing:
which movie players are in the works in the moment? is someone still working on gpdivx or is there a new version of moviepark availbe in some time?

BYE

Sonic-NKT posted on May 17 2003 said:
Is moviepark really better, Ok it has sound, but it runs only a 10 fps.
Sound is pretty important if you're going to watch something! (Especially something like an episode of Twin Peaks...)

So in that respect - it's really really better! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
AJ_23 posted on May 17 2003 said:
Sound is pretty important if you're going to watch something!
I take it that GPDivX is no longer being supported/updated? Latest version is .02 Alpha?

Last edited by a moderator:
BIGGER than 64mb O_O, i've got a 25 minute encoded thing on my SMC and its only about 16mb ish

Back