Cute Stuff

Linux Summit NYC event will be this valentimes day. Anyone know cute stuff I could shazaam the girls with?
i'd really recommend you shazzam the girl (jealous) with your ability to not talk about linux for the day....
sad but true, but this and a ribbon kicks the sh*t out of a linux expo

:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt that Vista comes with something more than 2000page manual.

Ow, and first 1700 pages are about what you CAN'T do because you're just a stupid PC user....

PokeParadox will do it ;)
IIRC, many guys mentioned that the thing that attracted most of the girls who visited the German shop in that show ED participated in few months ago was Super Tux, in addition to that many guys here admitted that the highest Tile Match scores on their GP2Xs were their girl friends', so I guess you can survive valentine with those two titles :D

Cute stuff to impress us eh.

How about some nice scented candles, or take us out to a quiet romantic dinner for two? It is Valentines day after all.

If my fella took me to a valentines Linux convention, I think he would end up with a swift kick where men don't like to be kicked :lol:

WarmFluffyUK, I know that girls always say that guys gifts are harder than girls' gifts, so do you have any idea of a unique gift for a lady? I ran out of ideas :(

Our site, bignosepoetry.com is just the thing!!!

But we are changing over to paypal, and it is proving a a nightmare!!! Can't take orders at THIS time of the year!!!!!!!

sehs33 posted on Feb 2 2007 at 11:53 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK, I know that girls always say that guys gifts are harder than girls' gifts, so do you have any idea of a unique gift for a lady? I ran out of ideas :(

I'd say try to think what would make her feel good, special, something from you. I think it doesn't even have to be bought, it can be made by you. One rule is that you have to put your whole heart into it.

Now let me adjust this to the type of audience I think I'm talking about:

Valentine's day gift:

Games - NO
Electronics - NO NO
Everything that concernes PC - NO NO NO

Acting romantic - YES
Flowers with some words you wrote, how you feel about her (not the internet love poetry, write what YOU feel) - YES YES
Smooth-jazz, candles, dinner (doesn't has to be made by you but it counts as a big plus) - YES YES YES

Last edited by a moderator:
Our site isn't 'internet love poetry'! Not at all!

We just take your words and versify it all up!!!

I love doing them, you really find out what people want, feel, think about etc!

But I ain't touting for business. Giving a girl 'romantic words' is just a great idea...

Thanks guys. The roses, poem, candles dinner and soft music are all by default, I still need a gift, I really have no idea what can I get this year :(
Btw, electronics are not always no, it depends on what you get, her favourite two gifts I brought her were an electronic feet warmer and her car's MP3 player, the thing is that when you give electronic devices, it has to be something very very useful instead of being pink :) .

That is exactly what I've been avoiding for the last three years, because the ring's time should be this summer :)

When you say electronics aren't always bad, you are obviously talking about vibrators.

Just be brave and say it!

Get her a big fat book on C++ just to see her face.

And a toothbrush shaped like a penis.

Back