Custom Categories not showed

Andy S2K

Still Fresh
Hi, I have already tried everything. if i add a custom category name Favorites or favorites it never shown in the tab. I also can highlight a game and choose to put it in the favorite folder but if i can't see the tab this is no sense.......

Please some one can help me.....

Thanks;)

I assume you are talking about minimenu.

Make sure the category is not hidden. Sometimes there is a race between libpnd and mnimenu and minimenu needs some more refreshes (I've some times needed a reboot, though I can't explain that).

You can also run mmenu -l1 on a terminal and look at the log file in /tmp. It might contain a hint.

Yes the miimenu. The category is not hidden because i cannot see it under the show/hide/order Tab after creating  it. But i see in the list of custom  categories.... I can create all but no one showed. Also if i try to create a subcategory under a main as audio or other it doesn't show....

Last edited by a moderator:
Cateories only show in the show/hide configuration if they have at least one entry in it.

How did you put the game into the new category? Using minimenus recategorize? Is it still visible in it's former category? Can you check the corresponding desktop file in /usr/share/applications whether the category has changed? There should be an .ovr file alongside your PND with the new category, this should be reflected in the desktop file.

Back