Crazy Idea

ashadocat

you can boot linux of a usb stick right? my thought is could you boot the Pandora's os of it and on to a real computer. I realize the architecture is going to be wrong but if we used qemu...

Personnaly I don't think that is a good idea. That is like saying how about we realease the Nintendo Wii for free on the computer.

or how about we release the pandora for free on the tv? just think of it as PC-out

This would be neat, but what would the point be? Nothing much would run well under QEMU.

EvanB, there;s nothing to stop somebody from copying over the files from their NAND.

Or rebuilding the whole thing from the Free source code, as has happened with countless other FOSS forks.

the point is you could utilize pc hardware/mouse for your pandora. it's not a great or needed feature it would just be a plus.

Um...you're either talking about something trivial (having a port of whatever the firmware for the pandora will be run on x86 hardware) or something rather pointless (dumping an image of your specific pandora and run that). Either way, it's weird. Or probably crazy :)

Hiroe said:
the point is you could utilize pc hardware/mouse for your pandora. it's not a great or needed feature it would just be a plus.
Right, but that'd work better on the actual hardware.

Keyboard/Mouse support is app specific; not OS specific. ;) The Pandora apps would work just as well with them on the actual unit, as on a PC.

But everything would be running slower, because your PC would have to emulate an extremely powerful chip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back