Considering a phone, your thoughts please..

Garrett

Advanced Member
The Oppo R819

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lv-Dx78M3ec?feature=oembed

I've been asking on several forums & Oppo has been suggested quite a few times, particularly for the build quality, battery life & customer service/support.

Does anyone have experience with either of these handsets..? I know there are folks here that know their Android devices, what do you guys make of them..?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was buying an Oppo phone I'd go for the N1 (whoo swivelly camera), it might be a bit larger in size than what you're after though.

I picked up a Nexus 5 on release and am really happy with it, from looking at the specs I can't really see that the Oppo phones offer better value for money than the Nexus 5. I can't comment with any personal authority on this though as I've never seen / heard of Oppo phones before.

A quick google search found me this review from engadget. Where it states 'If you hadn't guessed by now, the Nexus 5 is the elephant in the room -- you simply can't discuss the R819's competition without mentioning Google's similarly priced flagship. And to be frank, it wins the comparison battle by a wide margin. Oppo's phone has superior battery life and a slimmer profile, but the Nexus 5 is faster, supports quicker LTE data, shoots better photos and carries a sharper display. It's also a smarter purchase if you like to stay on the bleeding edge of software, since Google writes its own OS updates. Unless you absolutely need the R819's extra running time or live in a region where the Google Play Store doesn't sell hardware, the Nexus 5 is the better deal.'

Back