Dingoo Confused By The Sdk Hello World Example

kouky

Website
www.caou.org
I am getting confused by the hello world example provided for the dingoo SDK.

Display results on the windows compilation and on the actual dingoo .app compilation are different...

I have done a few test on the dingoo SDk, but can;t get anything displayed right on the actual screen console :'(

How is it possible?

Hello world source:
http://blog.tipesoft.com/?p=827

I've not had much luck with the SDK either, so I followed Firefox's way of doing things in this thread and just used the framebuffer directly. It's still a pain in the arse and a bit of a mess though, so I'm just going to wait for Linux. A shame really, because there's a GP32-like feel to the stock firmware :)

You could also take a look at flatmush's homebrew stuff - I haven't tried it myself, but his code doesn't use the SDK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you,

Flatmush example is great, but unfortunately it seems I can't use classes...
Maybe it is written in C, not in C++.

Is there a way to use classes anyway?
By telling the compiler code is C++, not C?

Should be as simple as renaming the file to .cpp instead of .c, but then if the sdk is c also, be cautious about c/c++ linking and stuff under c which isn't valid under C++.

Personally I prefer to stick to one language or the other.

Should be as simple as renaming the file to .cpp instead of .c, but then if the sdk is c also, be cautious about c/c++ linking and stuff under c which isn't valid under C++.

Personally I prefer to stick to one language or the other.
Yes it is that simple, the only other thing you need to do is link the stdc++ library (or whatever it's called, I never use c++).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not into Linux,
I prefer developing for the regular firmware, it will make life easier for users.
I love when it's just about "plug & play",
with Linux on the Dingoo, what is great about video game consoles might be lost: simplicity

But wait and see...
I Linux offer features such as using the console screen simultaneously with the Tv-out, I might go for it

Back