Compiling Vba With Oopo's Toolchain

pcklee123

I am trying to compile visualboyadvance 1.7.2 source using oopo's toolchain. After making some changes to the configure script so that it doesnt stop because the test programs for libz , libpng etc can't be run, the program compiles. The program compiles but when run on the GPX2, it allocates the ram,(I had to change the memory allocation from 32M to 16M in GBA.cpp as other it stops here cause it cant allocate memory) and then crashes with a segmentation fault soon after that.
Any suggestions?

As you don't post any background information... I can only suggest to run it through gdb to get better insight in what's going wrong.. To get a more meaningful answer, consider writing a better descripition of what is happening, what you already tried etc. etc.

P.

domm1024 posted on Feb 7 2006 at 05:58 PM said:
I've just uploaded my source for VisualBoyAdvance for gp2x for you and anyone else. Here is the link: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1231

I probably dealt with the same issue your having, I can't remember off hand though, its been a while since I ported this.

Thanks domm1024 I tried your source and it works. I see you changed the amount of memory allocated to be the size of the rom file in GBA.cpp . also there was another place where the rom was assumed to be 32M which you had commented out. Is this why it doesn't work with a zipped rom? I still had to mess a little with the configure script due to the different paths as I am using oopo's toolchain. It runs at up to about 70%(9, 6fps) (I guess no different than what you reported) after using cpu-lcd-tweaker to overclock to 274MHz. 6fps is always there even if I underclock to 133MHz. Sound can be enabled in the config file.

Now what to do next?

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone tried gbc or gb roms with vba?
it crashes with when I run vba
"./vba: relocation error: ./vba: undefined symbol: __floatsidf"
Can anyone tell me what is this about? I looked on google but people seem to get this during linking but I couldn't figure out why and what its related to. I guess I could put int printfs everywhere in the code to figure out exactly where it crashes but compilation takes sooo long with -O2 flag

Edit
There is a (float) in GB.cpp can I rewrite to make it all int?

Back