Commedore 64 Roms

lizard_king

Still Fresh
hey every1 hows it hangin?

dose any1 know where i can find some roms for the commedore64 and Amiga?
I cant find anything!

thanks Lizard King B)

Er, a quick look on google, I found lots!

But we ain't allowed to ask for ROMS, is this right? It is illegal, and none of us actually do download them, unless we own the original!

Unless I've got it wrong, then you could be badly flamed....

:blink:

ROMs are illegal for most systems (apart from systems such as the Vectrex). Don't ask for them.

Also, using sms/txt speak only makes fewer people read your post, so try and spend the extra seconds to form normal english words, and you'll get much more help.

lubidog posted on May 10 2005 at 07:35 PM said:
Er, a quick look on google, I found lots!

But we ain't allowed to ask for ROMS, is this right? It is illegal, and none of us actually do download them, unless we own the original!

Unless I've got it wrong, then you could be badly flamed....

:blink:

yep NEVER ask for ROMS!!! just a quik warning....

lubigog your correct, you can only download roms if you own the original and use it only as a back up, bascly your not allowed to sell them on etc...

and if you happened to download it you have to, i repeat you have to delete it with in 24 hours or you'll be in serious trouble!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
the FBI just hauled off my buddy for downloading roms and not deleting them after 24 hours, i've put my GP32 in hiding and wiped out my hard drive on my computer at home.

I don't think you'll get raided by the FBI, but you could certainly get a court summons if they think they can make a case out of it, specially if you use p2p software.

And anyway.. Amiga and C64 games aren`t roms they are images...
Consoles = roms <_<

oh.. you can`t ask for images either ;)

Shame most C64 (and ST) images/roms seem to be hacked/cracked. Is there a reason for this as spectrum games don't seem to have this problem.

:)

Just too clear up some people minds: ALL eighties COMPUTERs used DISKS not ROMS(-Catrigdes)!!

And yes, mostly every game for the C64 was cracked, mostly to rip off the copy-protection. A game with copyprotection wouldn't work probably on the FRODO emu since it doesn't emulate the C64 100%... (just as a site note).

A good start would be http://www.c64.com, you can search for your game. Another place to search for games is: http://ftp.pokefinder.org/ It's a index-site of the most popular FTP-sites around. Just give it a try!

QuasaR /CENTRiC

Jarska333 posted on May 11 2005 at 01:25 PM said:
I'm thinking that 24hour thing is, well, bollocks.

It is, It suppose to make people feel better.

The only thing i know that concerns the 24 hour thing, Is if you record an episode of a program from tv, You are allowed to to keep the recording for no more than 24 hours to give you time to watch it, But then it has to be deleted.

But this is probably bollocks too.

Trooper

You are allowed to tape your stuff from TV and keep it as long as you want.

But there ARE C64 rom games: Remember the cartridges? :)

trooper posted on May 11 2005 at 05:51 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on May 11 2005 at 01:25 PM said:
I'm thinking that 24hour thing is, well, bollocks.

It is, It suppose to make people feel better.

The only thing i know that concerns the 24 hour thing, Is if you record an episode of a program from tv, You are allowed to to keep the recording for no more than 24 hours to give you time to watch it, But then it has to be deleted.

But this is probably bollocks too.

Trooper

I think I actually read, that that is a british law. Perhaps pertaining only to domestic programming...

Quick googling claims otherwise, though...

There's never going to be a PSP or PS2 emulator for the GP32. There's not even Sega Dreamcast or N64 emulator. So downloading roms for those for the GP32 is a waste of time.

Winterkid posted on May 12 2005 at 10:39 AM said:
There's never going to be a PSP or PS2 emulator for the GP32. There's not even Sega Dreamcast or N64 emulator. So downloading roms for those for the GP32 is a waste of time.

*Sigh..*

Back