Commdore Pet Emulator

KPexEA

Still Fresh
I've been playing around with Chrome Native-Client lately and wrote a Commodore PET emulator for it, and after that was done I decided to make it run on my GP2X Wiz as well.
You can see both of them as well as a PC version here.

The emulator has a main menu with the following PET games: Space Invaders, Paladin, Land-Slide, Breakout, Scramble, Android Nim, Slime, Astro-Rescue, Super Glooper, Cosmic Cosmiads, Pet Panic, Meteroids, Star Spores!, War, Cosmic Fighter, Seige, Pet Tetris, Cosmic Jailbreak

I wrote 3 of the PET games in the list above back in 1981.

Cheers,
KevinP

Evad97

Still Fresh
This is great! Thank you! My first computing experiences were all about the Pet. I seem to recall playing Paladin in my school library whenever I had the chance. I haven't really had a chance to mess around with this but I did want to let you know that your work is appreciated. Incidentally, which three are "yours?"

E.

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
This is very cool (been running it in Chrome) - I learnt BASIC on a PET. My dad used to bring one home from work for me to play with at weekends - what a beast it was!

KPexEA

Still Fresh
Evad97 said:
Incidentally, which three are "yours?"
E.
Oops, only two: Paladin and Land-Slide

I had 3 more but for some reason they will not run properly with the Basic 4.0 Roms that I was able to grab from Vice. Seems my Pet 4032 had a slightly different Rom set and the newer Roms are fighting over a few page 3 memory locations that caused my programs to not run properly.

I have written a 6502 disassembler and assembler as well so I will fix them up to work and add more games soon. If anyone has any good PET games they want added please let me know and I will add them to the collection.

Cheers,
Kevin P

Last edited by a moderator:

Evad97

Still Fresh
Ah hah! Many thanks for Paladin ... like I said, I spent many a stolen minute in my school library playing this game.

E.