Comic Book Viewer

El_Diablo

Rocking Your Face Clean Off
Website
homepage.ntlworld.com
My friend was telling me how on bit torrent there are a hell of a lot of comic books available for download and can be viewed by a consecutive image viwer or something, as they apparently come in the equivalent of a rar archive. As far as I know this isnt open source but would it be possible to make a similar kind of viwer so we can take advantage of the huge resource of archived comics available?

any info would be cool, sorry if this is a dumb question, I sure aint no coder :p

Yea theres a software Called Cdisplay give it a search,,its freeware so you could ask for the code...i'd love to see .CBZ file formats.ocs then i could read all my garfields, thundercats and crap!!

I use CDisplay too, but really... what do you want for the GP32 to read comics that it doesn't already have? Use GPFM to read the comics. Sure you have to decompress the Rar archives beforehand, but the loss of space is not really significant as most comic book scans are either jpgs or gifs and those are already compressed formats. Compression + compression does not always equal better compression too..... cbzs/rars are just convenience issues and you can have the same structure and convenience by using folders.

GPFM is good but it could do with improvements. more zoom modes. Bigger file size support etc.

Back