Colem question

H

hakmanplayer

Hope this makes sense..i have the following :

emulator menu i have colem

in app data i have the colem. skeeiz folder

in that folder i have : coleco.rom

in that folder i have 4 games which i tried zipped and un zipped and they will not start up.

for example..frogger (1982-83) (Parker Bros.0.rom is unzipped

'''"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""".rom.zip is zipped of course.

I tried zipping on squeeze and on my computer.

When i go to the colem emulator i get the "select a Colecovision" ROM window

i see coleco.rom folder there, open that and see my games but cannot open any of them.

I also tried putting the games NEXT TO the coleco.rom folder within app data but to no avail.

I realize these games are on mame4all but was wondering how to open them on Colem. :blink:

Please consider helping me here. :D

Regards, H.

I have everything on a uncorrupted card.

Last edited:
Hi Hakmanplayer,

I haven't Colem in a while but my set up on a fresh install appears to still be working, so I'll try to help out.

I have the same dir structure as you i.e appdata/colem.skeezix

Inside this I have :

a folder 'ColecoVision BIOS (1982)' containing 3 BIOS files. (I suspect you are missing this, which google will help with)

a colecovision roms full set folder (I'll get back to this)

a colecovision monitor test program (1982) folder

3 .rom files : Coleco.rom, ColecoVision (Different Font).rom, ColecoVision (No Intro).rom

a hidden (ignorable) .wh..wh.orph folder.

The roms folder contains 3 more folders : ADAM -(DDP) (contains .ddp game files unzipped)

ADAM- Disks (contains .dsk format game files unzipped)

ColecoVision- Games (contains .rom format game files unzipped)

The file browser allows me to browse to any type of game format and then launch the game with enter. Quitting with Fn-Q. However trying .dsk just caused Colem to cease relaunching (probably need the appdata folder deleting after moving the roms).

Google should help you find things and I dont know if all those files are required but it seems to work. Hope thats of some use. I'll post the BIOS file names in a moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hakmanplayer,

I haven't Colem in a while but my set up on a fresh install appears to still be working, so I'll try to help out.

I have the same dir structure as you i.e appdata/colem.skeezix

Inside this I have :

a folder 'ColecoVision BIOS (1982)' containing 3 BIOS files. (I suspect you are missing this, which google will help with)

a colecovision roms full set folder (I'll get back to this)

a colecovision monitor test program (1982) folder

3 .rom files : Coleco.rom, ColecoVision (Different Font).rom, ColecoVision (No Intro).rom

a hidden (ignorable) .wh..wh.orph folder.

The roms folder contains 3 more folders : ADAM -(DDP) (contains .ddp game files unzipped)

ADAM- Disks (contains .dsk format game files unzipped)

ColecoVision- Games (contains .rom format game files unzipped)

The file browser allows me to browse to any type of game format and then launch the game with enter. Quitting with Fn-Q. However trying .dsk just caused Colem to cease relaunching (probably need the appdata folder deleting after moving the roms).

Google should help you find things and I dont know if all those files are required but it seems to work. Hope thats of some use. I'll post the BIOS file names in a moment.
OK I will wait.

Last edited:
Sorry got caught out with guests.

ColecoVision BIOS (1982) [h1] (no title delay).col

ColecoVision BIOS (1982) [h2] (different font).col

ColecoVision BIOS (1982).col

Sorry got caught out with guests.

ColecoVision BIOS (1982) [h1] (no title delay).col

ColecoVision BIOS (1982) [h2] (different font).col

ColecoVision BIOS (1982).col
i will give it a go and let you know.

Thank you.

Mission accomplished after a couple hours.

Very tricky. Similar to the innards of Hatari only more involved.

There seems to be a pattern with all of these.

i never dragged and dropped so much for 1 emulator.

.7z files had to be taken care of and i had to sort the proper BIOS, as you mentioned.That was paramount.

Now i can say i have the arcade [mame4all]>>>>transformed to the colecovision [colem] in my hands as i silently play FROGGER for the 1,000,000th + go :)

mUCH obliged B)

Last edited:
I still had to spend a bit of time confiiguring this, even after reading the clues above. Here's a little summary of what you have to do - in case you are a slow learner like me ;) :

1) Make in pandora/appdata a directory called colem.skeezix

2) Find somewhere (use google) a valid Colecovision bios file, unzip if compressed, rename it to "coleco.rom" and put it in the directory made in step 1)

3) Put your game roms wherever you want (I suggest in colem.skeezix), but they have to be uncompressed

Back