Coding On The Run...

K0K0NUT_h3lmut

The Soldier wearing a coconut...
Website
Visit site
Howcome we can't code with our GP32s? If the old computers, Amiga,etc and my TI-83 Plus calculater allow me to code there should be no reason that the GP32(or GPX2) can't. Could someone make a coding app for the GP32 (or Gpx2). What are your thoughts on this?

K0K0NUT_h3lmut posted on Oct 1 2005 at 09:44 PM said:
Howcome we can't code with our GP32s? If the old computers, Amiga,etc and my TI-83 Plus calculater allow me to code there should be no reason that the GP32(or GPX2) can't. Could someone make a coding app for the GP32 (or Gpx2). What are your thoughts on this?
twould be foolishness. Would only be possible with chatbpard and even then annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, chatboard would obviously be a given in this context. But people still code on their calculators and if you have that coding urge it would be nice to get it out even if using a simplistic language... like say BASIC, of course C++ or something similair would be good too..

The GP32 would need an OS capable of multitasking in order for programming on it to be half way decent. Without this, you'd have to save and compile your code, and then reboot your gp32 (or somehow get back to a launcher), and then launch your program to see if your code works. Then you need to reboot again, reopen the IDE, reopen your code, make a change, save and compile, reboot, etc etc, whereas, if the gp32 had some kind of multitasking, you could just save/compile/run, and then quit your program, and there's the IDE again.

I just don't think there's anyway to get something like this to work out, unless you have an abnormally large amount of patience.

Drag posted on Oct 2 2005 at 03:32 PM said:
The GP32 would need an OS capable of multitasking in order for programming on it to be half way decent. Without this, you'd have to save and compile your code, and then reboot your gp32 (or somehow get back to a launcher), and then launch your program to see if your code works. Then you need to reboot again, reopen the IDE, reopen your code, make a change, save and compile, reboot, etc etc, whereas, if the gp32 had some kind of multitasking, you could just save/compile/run, and then quit your program, and there's the IDE again.

I just don't think there's anyway to get something like this to work out, unless you have an abnormally large amount of patience.
So it would work on the GP2X because its linux based.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back