Code::Blocks with C/C++ Compiler

I've just noticed a very weird occurrence with code auto-complete when the cursor is not at the end of a line. Rather than insert the selected auto-complete in the text where the cursor is, it just appends the complete string to the end of the current line, still leaving behind the partially typed text where the cursor was.

I thought it might be an issue with the RC, but it seems to be working properly on Windows.

I've just noticed a very weird occurrence with code auto-complete when the cursor is not at the end of a line. Rather than insert the selected auto-complete in the text where the cursor is, it just appends the complete string to the end of the current line, still leaving behind the partially typed text where the cursor was.

I thought it might be an issue with the RC, but it seems to be working properly on Windows.

The version in the PND if rev8619. It depends what rev you installed on your PC, but I see some CodeCompletion patches in rev8624 and rev8628. I will recompile a fresher Code::Block later, but I haven't finished next build yet. Still fighting with the modules I wanted to add.

I wanted next build 08 to be abble to compile even more things. So I added MesaGL (with Soft rendering of course) to be able to compile GL app (not suitable for Games of course), and Winelib (par of fine) to be able, with some work, to coompile Windows app. And I also put an update Perl with the abbility to add library from CPAN.

Both works, but I'm not finished yet. It is to messy now to release.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quck follow up.. I am upgrading (again) the GCC compiler, to 4.7.2 now ! It's still compiling, after days of fighting. Last stage now ( B) at last), and will probably includes the full GCC suite, with Fortran, Objective C and Java compiler (but with no garanties they will be usable, as I don't developpe on thoses languages).

After that, I will refresh the Code::Block sources, and will look at the "plugin menu". I want to see if it's possible to make all the plugin menu go on the "Plugin" menu, instead of aving a menu each.. To have a smaller menu (but I don't know if it's possible).

I also have to recompile Winelib, as a new version with a promise of better perf on DIBEngine (I defenetly want that) just pop out...

Ok. It's not as simple as a Hello World but it compiles fine under pandebian. In the attachment there is some files that are not actually used, but it was easy for me to package everything. Also penelope.f should be downloaded separately. I'm quite sure I have not included it ;) .

To compile, in the source folder type: gfortran penEasy.f -o penEasy.x -O

I can test the executable if you wish.

fortranCode.zip

Attachments

• fortranCode.zip
    177.2 KB · Views: 211
Ok. It's not as simple as a Hello World but it compiles fine under pandebian. In the attachment there is some files that are not actually used, but it was easy for me to package everything. Also penelope.f should be downloaded separately. I'm quite sure I have not included it ;) .

To compile, in the source folder type: gfortran penEasy.f -o penEasy.x -O

I can test the executable if you wish.

Wouha, not exactly a Helloworld indeed ! That will be a a very good test (but I will let you tests the produced program, ;) , even if had some knowledge of this, I have forgotten all this for a long time).

GCC is still compiling... It passed the compilers ( :D ), the libs for c, c++, fortran, objective-c.. And it is now crunching the java libs. But this particular part is very memory ungry, and I already had to reduce optimisation from -O2 to nothing... And I think I will have, at least temporaly, to activate a swap to complete this !

Compilation worked... just plug'n play in fact ! :D . Just, I forgot the '-O' to optimize.. I relaunch again and put the penEasy.x here (I launched it, but... well... I let you test it ^_^ in a few minutes...)

Grabbing now... Testing...

Ok. Bad news first. Under our OS and under debian all I get is this message "Killed". But there are also good news I get the same with my penEasy.x (compiled under debian). So both executables crashing the same way is a good thing :D

I remember this working a few months ago, maybe my memory is no what it used to be. The last weekend I had to re install the firmware. Tonight will install gcc under debian again for trying to reproduce the environment and the working executable.

Meanwhile, here you go a more simple test taken from here.

simpletest.zip

Attachments

• simpletest.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 195
Ok. Grabbed it, and will compile latter and post the result executable (I'm compiling Boost now... that will take some time).

So, when feeding the penEasy.x with actual data, it crash with just "Killed" as a message? It run with no data ;-). Maybe you ran out of memory?

It is possible. But I used a fairly simple test, simple geometry, materials and only 10 histories. I'll look into it latter. Will make a simpler model to test.

Yay ! It worked (after I add some spaces... 2 were missing, and now I remember, I have done some fortran at school :unsure: ).

I calculated the area of a circle !

Here is the archive with the source and the executable simpletest.zip.

I have some more work on the Code::Block PND to do (remove traces of the old gcc 4.6.3) and I have some adjustement I want (on Perl and Winelib mainly, but also look at upgrading Python compiler) to do first before release... But it will include a functionnal GNU fortran compiler :D

Attachments

• simpletest.zip
    283 bytes · Views: 212
Thank you so much p'titSeb! When the PND is ready will try to build octave again, it was complaining about a fortran compiler.

Superb !! :)

A new C::B PND with updated GCC and a tons of updated libs and external compilers are one of the best gift a Pandora dev could recive for xmas !!

Thanks

Hi Seb, just a heads-up, there is now an official release of CodeBlocks 12.11.

Back