Closing Out Of Mame/getting Into C64 Trailblazer

mariecs74

Still Fresh
Hi, I'm new here and just got my GP2X on Tuesday. I've googled and searched this site but no joy.

Firstly, it it possible to exit MAME without turning the machine off?

Secondly, I've installed Frodo C64 emulator and I'm trying to play Trailblazer but I can't get past the instruction screen - any clues?!

Thanks in advance
Marie

mariecs74 said:
Hi, I'm new here and just got my GP2X on Tuesday. I've googled and searched this site but no joy.

Firstly, it it possible to exit MAME without turning the machine off?

[snip]

Thanks in advance
Marie
From the MAME GP2X 4.9 readme.txt

2. CONTROLS
-----------

The emulator controls are the next ones:
- Joystick: Movement in pad, mouse and analog control.
- Buttons A,Y,B,X,L,R,VolUp,VolDown,PUSH,START: Buttons A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J.
- Button SELECT: Insert credits. (SELECT+Up=credits 2P, SELECT+Right=credits 3P, SELECT+Down=credits 4P)
- Button L+R: Change screen orientation and activate/deactivate screen scale/stretch.
- Button L+R pressed during one second: Pause.
- Button Y+L+R: Show / hide the FPS counter.
- Button START: Play. (START+Up=Start 2P, START+Right=Start 3P, START+Down=Start 4P)
- Buttons L+R+PUSH, L+R+START or L+R+SELECT simultaneously: Exit to selection menu to select another game.
- Buttons START+SELECT simultaneously: Reset the current game.
- Buttons VolUp and VolDown: Increase / decrease sound volume.
- USB Joypads: Up to four USB Joypads are supported for multiplayer.

Then press L+R again to exit selection menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
On trailblazer have you tried

1 - Changing joystick ports (look in the frodo menu)

2- Pressing every key/ Space bar or run/stop usually work or maybe its an F key to start

mariecs74 said:
Oops, thanks! Missed that...
It's the same sequence to exit the mame game selection menu and go back to the GP2X root menu.

Try VICE instead of Frodo for C64. I have never had a more positive emulation experience than I have with VICE, it's damned near perfect. (Caveat: I've not tried Frodo at all yet)

Trevor Bradley said:
mariecs74 said:
It's the same sequence to exit the mame game selection menu and go back to the GP2X root menu.

Try VICE instead of Frodo for C64. I have never had a more positive emulation experience than I have with VICE, it's damned near perfect. (Caveat: I've not tried Frodo at all yet)

Replaced Frodo with Vice, still the same problem. I've tried every single key...

mariecs74 said:
Trevor Bradley said:
mariecs74 said:

Replaced Frodo with Vice, still the same problem. I've tried every single key...

The version of Trailblazer I have you press runstop on the instruction screen then go through the trainer options (yes or no answers depending on what you want) then when the game was loaded I had to change joystick port to port 1.

This was in frodo

foleyjo said:
mariecs74 said:
Trevor Bradley said:
mariecs74 said:

The version of Trailblazer I have you press runstop on the instruction screen then go through the trainer options (yes or no answers depending on what you want) then when the game was loaded I had to change joystick port to port 1.

This was in frodo

Hey, thanks for that! I finally copped on where to do the run/stop. Works fine now.

Now, if only I didn't completely suck at this game. I used to be good at it!

Thanks again. :D

Back