Chromium Random Crashes

Reyhn

Website
Visit site
Hi,

i'd really like to use chromium as my main web browser on my pandora, but the fact is that it crashes really often, after running for a short time. The page become unresponsive, i cannot click a link, move the scrollbars or whatever. Moreover, the chromium processus continues to run even if i close the app (i can see it by pressing pandora button a few seconds) and i can not kill it !

By the way, is there a system monitor which i can use to see cpu/ram/network usage on pandora ?

Yeah chromium doesent work fully yet.I think its been improved recently though.I just use firefox.It works well.I had display issues with chromium.

Chromium used to work fine for me but with the same build I now get the 'kill pages' issue you are. I use firefox for now and its pretty decent. Not sure about system monitors except I think Conky can be used for this if you can get the files for that function working. Theres a PND of it somewhere.

I've had both Chromium and Firefox crash on me a number of times, so I use Links2 now, which is quick and has never crashed. Lightweight2, NetSurf and Jumanji have also never crashed on me yet (though I haven't used them as much).

If you, like me, actually like a fast and small browser even if it isn't completely feature complete, slaeshjag has fixed Midori and put it into a PND. This is what I use now. Chromium crashes and Firefox tends to bog down memory and CPU. Plus I just like Midori's clean interface. It's also very finger friendly.

Back