Beta Chromium 4 With Ssl And Chromium Snapshot

milkshake said:
has anyone got a copy of the old chromium which doesn't have working https because i cant stand the instability of the new version and i deleted my old copy thanks

Hmm, using the new version of Chromium I've done a couple of hours browsing, downloaded some files, used SSL, with no problems at all.

Deleted all appdata from previous version of Chromium before running the new one, not sure if this is relevant / necessary.

Am running HF4 final.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
milkshake said:
has anyone got a copy of the old chromium which doesn't have working https because i cant stand the instability of the new version and i deleted my old copy thanks

You mean - the Chromium 4 version isn't stable?
That's weird, as it is the same version as before, just added the missing libraries for SSL :eek:

Chromium-Dev is not stable, yep.

Why did you go with Chromium 4. Isn't Chromium 6 the latest stable version now?

fettouhi said:
EvilDragon said:
milkshake said:

That's weird, as it is the same version as before, just added the missing libraries for SSL :eek:

Well, nobody managed to compile it properly yet...

I just used binary packages of Chromium and packaged them up.
Tried Chromium 5, but that one froze on some sites, the only one I could really get working properly was 4.

The latest Chromium version on Debian ARM or Touchbook is v5... both freeze occassionally.

If you have a link to a v6 compiled version, I see what I can do.
Ubuntu stuff doesn't seem to run at all.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
fettouhi said:
EvilDragon said:
milkshake said:

Well, nobody managed to compile it properly yet...

I just used binary packages of Chromium and packaged them up.
Tried Chromium 5, but that one froze on some sites, the only one I could really get working properly was 4.

The latest Chromium version on Debian ARM or Touchbook is v5... both freeze occassionally.

If you have a link to a v6 compiled version, I see what I can do.
Ubuntu stuff doesn't seem to run at all.

The V6 I compiled seemed to compiled cleanly, but all sort of weird things happen when running the browser, seems like v6 were not too much tested on arm yet.

Hitnrun said:
The V6 I compiled seemed to compiled cleanly, but all sort of weird things happen when running the browser, seems like v6 were not too much tested on arm yet.

No idea why it's acting up, I know I also have a compiled version (was that you?) from the latest snapshot which doesn't even show websites (just the Ooops!-screen) whereas the same snapshot from the official build server which works better but seems to only run in Incognito mode...

Pretty weird.

Chromium 4 behaves differently depending on what libraries you include in the package. That's a real beast to build.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
No idea why it's acting up, I know I also have a compiled version (was that you?) from the latest snapshot which doesn't even show websites (just the Ooops!-screen) whereas the same snapshot from the official build server which works better but seems to only run in Incognito mode...

Pretty weird.
Probably mine, but hitnrun's version is exactly the same (may be not the same svn rev, but a close enough anyway...)

chrome 4 seems to just stop me from browsing after a while and I have to close chrome and reopen it as it just has white screen on the tabs. the snapshot doesnt open and gives this
Code:
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/cpuspeed': No such file or directory
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon: 
/dev/loop0
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs  /dev/loop0
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
./chrome.sh: line 13: ./chrome-wrapper: Permission denied
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

any ideas how to get this to run?
running HF4

This Version is crashing a lot for me. Interestingly if I OC to 1GHZ It's stable ??
This is now my default browser and works great.. thanks a lot :)

Extensions almost worked in the dev pnd, but it keeps going into incognito mode, and extensions won't install in incognito mode :p ...
Chromium is really fast, but without a good adblock it's annoying, I haven't seen more than 2-3 different ads in the last years, ABP blocks pretty much everything, even ads in youtube vids. So if extensions worked so people could use adblock it'd make Chromium perfect :)

Back